cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Q&A with LXMI Founder Leila Janah

Leila Janah_Headshot.jpg

Happy Friday, BeautyTalkers! We are taking your questions for a Q&A with Leila Janah, founder of LXMI (pronounced luxe-me). LXMI is known for their Crème du Nil and has an incredible brand story. Not only does the brand source high quality, rare ingredients but they provide work for women who harvest, produce and export a rare ingredient known as Nilotica from the Nile River Valley in Uganda.

My mind is spinning with questions already… Ask away!

Re: Q&A with LXMI Founder Leila Janah

Hi Leila, Are you working on any new products? Do you plan to continue working on skincare or do you see yourself creating a makeup line someday? 

Hi Leila - Thanks for taking our questions!  I've been excited to try your Crème du Nil since it popped up on Sephora a few months ago!  I'm curious how you personally use your product(s).  

I love that you include such detailed information about the Crème du Nil on the Sephora site.  I agree with the others that your mission is wonderful and it's inspiring to hear of a woman working so hard to enrich the lives of other women!

The mission and social commitment of your company is beautiful! 

Like others, I would love to know what other products you have on the horizon. Can you offer us one of your top beauty tips?

Anonymous Insider

• I had signed up online yesterday.Do I have the chance to get the code $50-$10 from Email?

Do you plan on having a body care line and/or lip balm? Thank you!

Ohhhhh!  A lip balm sounds divine!

Great question Veronika! A lip balm or body line would be awesome!

Also thank you for empowering others and bringing such an amazing product to the market. It's always nice to be able to use natural ingredients ❤️ 

Hi everyone! Just a reminder to get your questions in. We're wrapping this up tomorrow!

Hi Leila -  I am super inspired by your story and I love your commitment to Uganda, Fair Trade and natural skin care!

I am also very curious to know whether you plan to expand your line beyond the two products you currently offer?  Do you have plans to use Nilotica in any other types of products?

I love trying new brands and just received a sample.  Can't wait to try it! 

Your work has heart and I admire this.  I am wondering if you intend to bring similar programs to USA?  Or, maybe you already have them and would love to hear more about this!  Regardless, you are doing wonderful things! 

Hi, what is the inspiration behind the name of your company and what does it mean? 

I love purchasing from brands that give back or help the communities they extract ingredients from. Do you have any plans to expand to other places?

Hello Leila! What was it like spending most of your senior year in Ghana? Do you plan on creating more products and jobs in different areas of the world?

this is super interesting! what can we expect in the future from your beauty line?

Hi, Leila! I also read your incredibly inspirational bio. What's next for the LXMI brand? Are you developing more products? 

I read that you worked for the World Bank and as a travel writer, both of which sound like dream jobs (as well as social entrepreneur and founder of a beauty brand, of course). What kind of career advice would you happen to have?

Where have your recent travels taken you? What sorts of beauty products do you pack with you?

Hi Leila!

What was your inspiration behind creating Creme du Nil and how did you tie it to your goal to end global poverty? Is it connected through Sama?  I've read your bio and am really intrigued to hear more about how the product came about.  Your experience is inspiring!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • Leila Janah_Headshot.jpg
testing