hayleysays

New natural skincare regime

I'm looking for new skincare products. I am currently using items from the Boscia's normal/dry skincare line (makeup breakup, daily moisture and the night moisture). The night moisturizer used to work great but now it goes on greasy and my face feels oily by morning. My cheeks get dry patches during the winter months so I have always thought that I have dry skin. Now it seems to be more oily in my t-zone and my cheeks are pretty normal (for the time being). I think my skin has gone through some changes since having my daughter in 2009 and I've never been very good at determining what skin type I have. Can anyone recommend some new moisturizer and makeup removers that won't add to my current oiliness? I do like the natural products for my face. Thanks!

ran8

Re: New natural skincare regime

Could be dry skin or the product not being moisturizing enough.  I ran into this problem a few years ago and tried to combat the excess oil production with more oil control.  Bad idea. 

Boscia is a great brand for being natural and not causing sensitivity issues but I find their moisturizers are not moisturizing enough (I have really dry skin though).  It is a great line for those with sensitivity and combo types. If there a step up in hydration from the line?  If not then it might be time to sample around.  Skyn Iceland might be a brand to look into.  Other brands worth sampling are Caudalie and Korres.

You may want to see a dermatologist or doctor and see if they have a more accurate way of determining your skin type and tracking the changes since pregnancy.

Since post pregnancy, have you in any way changed your diet?  If so look into that.  Also make sure to keep hydrated.

As far as makeup removers go, I buy the drugstore brand cleansing cloths as the first step.  Then I use my cleanser or cleansing oil.  Recommended cleanser:  Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P96615&categoryId=C18442

And a toner recommendation for the dry skin stragglers (Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist):  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P272112&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5789

xoxcharlottexox

Re: New natural skincare regime

You probably have combination skin.

If you want to continue using Boscia products, I suggest:

Purifying Cleansing Gel, Balancing Facial Tonic, Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15, and Oil-Free Nightly Hydration.

Other skincare lines you could use:

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 OR Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3, (depending if your skin is more dry-combination or oily-combination: you can take the skincare quiz on clinique's website) and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. In the winter months if your skin gets drier you can use Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief on any dry spots like cheeks.

Kate Somerville Gentle Daily WashNude Skincare Clarifying Water, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • hayleysays
    • ran8