Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

blue15.jpg

odacite15.jpg

The Detox Market

dm.jpg

Hydrate Serum has a new friend! 

js mist.jpg

sharethelove.JPG

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Does anyone have suggestions for moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin?? I seem to get oily no matter what ( I blot once a day) but im looking for something thats not too heavy but still does the trick

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

@gabi00 I’d try the youth to the people superfood one - it’s moisturizing but lightweight

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Mochapj wrote:

@gabi00 I’d try the youth to the people superfood one - it’s moisturizing but lightweight

I’m a big fan of Youth kale moisturizer too! I’m combo but get dryer in winter and I can use all year round. Love it!

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Belif Aqua Bomb

I really like 100% Pure for their lotions but they also have makeup and haircare as well.

I have been wanting to try them out but they are so expen...

I have been wanting to try them out but they are so expensive.

Re: I have been wanting to try them out but they are so expen...

@NiaMunster If you're interested in them, I would sign up for their mailing list. They sometimes do discount bundles, some rather nice GWPs, and will discount certain types of items. I started out getting the coffee eye cream on eBay (it's still one of my favorites), and have since accumulated a decent amount of skincare, a lot of which I'd have never tried if they hadn't discounted/given it to me. At this point, I only buy things if I feel like they need to be replenished, and I tend to wait until one of their bundles or GWPs includes something I already know I want or am really interested in trying and am likely to use (I recently went for their chocolate makeup bundle, and stocked up on an extra 5-pack of their bright eye masks. They're meant to be single-use masks, I think, but I refrigerate them in a sandwich bag with a little water, and I use those until they shrink away to nearly nothing! For me, it's well worth the price for those.) My only complaint is that while they always include samples in purchases, it seems to me like it's always the same ones (which I've already decided if I like or don't like it, and don't need more - when I first started buying at their site, it used to be lotions - now it's shampoos/conditioners). I would love it if their sample selection varied a bit more. Another option, if you're lucky enough to live or travel near one of their stores, is I think you can go into the store and try stuff on. I'm seriously wanting to do that for their foundations and concealers, but I don't have one anywhere nearby. 

Yep! I primarily use their skincare products, but I have some of their makeup, and it's been great! I just wish they had a wider range of shades in their foundations...

Just wanted to pop in here to ask if anyone's tried oils from The Ordinary? I just started using the rose hip (face, skin) and argan oils (hair, soles of feet - it feels too heavy for my face) two days ago and find them to be fantastic so far! They're both really moisturizing and the rose hip oil has improved my skin texture on top of the improvements I saw when I started using a vitamin C serum........

Wondering if anyone's tested the marula and squalane oils?...

Just wanted to provide a little update now that I've been using The Ordinary's Rosehip and Argan oils.

Rosehip - I only use two drops per day, one drop mixed into my moisturizer. It's really helped with winter hydration, a little goes a long way. It's not so amazing though that I wouldn't consider switching to a different oil and seeing how that goes.

Argan - I use a couple drops in my hair around 3x week and it is so much sleeker and healthier feeling. I won't need to get haircuts as frequently, saving me a lot of $$. I've also been using this on the soles of my feet and they've never felt softer. But most impressive is the dry patches I used to get on my arms in the winter - I used the oil on them and they have since disappeared and have not returned after not applying the oil anymore (I still use regular body moisturizer but in the past, this did nothing for the patches!!).

I got the Ordinary's Squalene oil from the Cult Beauty goody bag, but I still need to try it out. It sounds like people are primarily using it as an overall face oil? I wasn't really sure whether to apply it all over, or in certain areas...

@Magycmyste  With oils, I think you can apply whereever you think you need it. I've been adding a couple drops of rosehip oil to my regular moisturizer to give it a boost but I've also used it on my body as well.

@pocketvenus I have used squalane as my primary PM "oil" and primary AM one for the past couple months and I'm impressed. I haven't tried the Orindary's specifically but used the Biossance one (with Vitamin C and Rose) and loved it so much I got the Peter Thomas Roth one (pure 100% squalane) for AM. I like that it's more stable than oils and is a molecule our skin naturally produces. My skin drinks it up and I don't get greasy from it...just glowy.

I don't know if brand would make a difference in this case, I think PTR's is sourced from sugar cane, Biossance from olives (I want to say) and The Ordinary is not specified. I'd think squalane is squalane is squalane - if it's 100% pure they should give similar results!

@k617 

Glowy sounds nice! I started reading about squalane more and I think I'll pick this up the next time I'm around Deciem 🙂

@Beadshopgirl 

Thanks for the caveat!! That sucks some companies do a bait and switch. Sharks are definitely not plants 😠

One caveat I would add to this is that sometimes companies say they’re using plant-based squalane, when in fact they’re using shark liver oil aka squalene. As someone with a fish allergy, I have had a couple of bad reactions with so-called squalane, and will now not use anything with that ingredient. I don’t mean to imply the companies are doing this on purpose, just that their supply chain may have some unknowns. 

@pocketvenus I've been using the Marula for a few months now and it's so good. I had been using a more expensive brand that cost about $70 a bottle previously and the difference between that and The Ordinary is negligible. I recommend it. 

931 Replies
testing