Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Yeah, I officially have no willpower.

Joined, and apparently the box is already on its way! Has anyone here actually bought anything off the Beauty Heroes website? I bought a couple of the past boxes as well, because I wanted to try the products - it's a separate order (but on the same day), but I was wondering whether they would pack it and send it all together, or whether they would send two separate packages. 

So the Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate that came in my FabFitFun box turns my undereye red. It's not a big reaction, but it's enough that I don't think the product is good for me. I looked at the ingredients list and it seems like it's all natural, so I'm confused as to what I could be reacting to. Anyone know what might be going on here?

I use a bunch of other Juice Beauty products and this is the first I've had any kind of reaction to. Not really sure what is going on here.

@purlyUnfortunately all natural doesn't necessarily mean non-reactive.

I can't say for certain what it is you are reacting to, but looking at the ingredients list I saw 3 separate things that I know cause me issues (orange oil, avocado oil and algae)

It's also possible the product may have turned - perhaps see if there's a use by date on it?

I put it all over my arm and it didn't turn color so I'm definitely puzzled. I guess I'll just use it as a body moisturizer to use it up.

Alpha H has a lot of natural ingredients in their products, I don't know if it is considered "natural" in general.  But I have to tell you, I love their Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream.  At 5% glycolic acid, it's the strongest concentration my skin can handle right now, and it really peps up my skin overnight. 

dm.jpg

dm2.jpg

credo.jpg

credo2.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Kypris serums.  I have a sample bottle of the 1,000 Roses Elixir, and I really like how smooth it makes my skin.  Kypris makes a few others, such as the Moonlight Catalyst, which I'm interested in.  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6  I've only tried Antioxidant Dew, and didn't like it. It is quite hydrating all right. But, it made my skin look terrible. Made my pores look huge ( they are of pretty normal size, not large at all ), my skin thick and texturized and just yucky. Some products do this to me ( REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk, Biologique Recherche P50 Balancing Exfoliators, SR Luna, Kypris Antioxidant Dew, Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Toner... ) and I still can't figure out what is that about. It's all different kind of products causing me this. Anyway, haven't tried anything Kypris since. But, would like to hear your thoughts on the one you have.

I have the Antioxidant Dew and I love it! None of these things have been an issue for me. Different people different issues, I guess?

Antioxidant dew is the only one I've tried as well and it gave me so much skin congestion it turned me off the idea of trying anything else 😞

Yep, pretty much the same here.

@Mochapj  Thank you.  It's really helpful to have the opinions of "real people." 🙂

@lyravega  I only have the 1,000 Roses, which I know you won't like because it smells like roses (I thought you had mentioned that earlier in this thread.)  I had heard the same complaints in other reviews about the Antioxidant Dew, so it's great that you, a real person, also confirmed that. 🙂

I'll have to try it again, since it's been a few months, to see how I do with it, and report back.

Haha, yep. You remember well @Ispend2much6 ! I hate that scent, but I can tolerate it if a product does wonders for my skin.

Yeah, I agree. That is one ( of many ) things I love about BT - you can hear honest opinions about stuff from BTers.

I hope it'll work better for you! Good luck! 😉

Also tried some cleansers... Maya Chia Great Cleanse Nourishing Supercritical Cleansing Oil  is very nice and very easy to use ( no washcloth needed! Huge plus in my book! It washes off very easily with just water ), but way too drying for me. Boooo! But, it could be a nice one for (normal)oily skin types. Reminds me of NUDE Perfect Cleanse Clarifying Cleansing Oil. But, the NUDE one is less drying on me.

Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser. It is quite nice, but it leaves a bit more residue behind than I care for. But, I like it is really dry skin friendly, nourishing, not striping and drying one bit! To the list of possible ones for the future it goes! But... I read so many reviews across many different sites that that pump is faulty? It clogs and sticks very easily? That's no bueno. What say you who use this one?

I agree with your synopsis of Tata Harper's cleansing oil leaving somewhat of a residue.  I couldn't decide if that was good or not.  The  pump on my bottle hasn't clogged.

What I found fascinating about Tata's oil is how effective it was in the removal of blackheads.  Warning:  This could get a little gross.

I had a blackhead on my chest that was turning into a pimple (red, raised, tender base.)  I had read about using a cleansing oil and clay mask to remove blackheads, so I thought I would try.

I cleansed the area with Tata's oil, rubbing briskly with my hand.  I rinsed, then applied Acure Organic's Red Earth mask.  Let that dry, and rinse.  Then, reapplied the oil, rubbing briskly with a damp washcloth.

It worked!  Popped right out. 

So, there's some ingredient that's potent in it.

@Ispend2much6  Good to hear about the pump! Thanks!

As long as it doesn't clog my pores, break me out, or something no bueno like that... I think I could deal with the residue. I think. Not sure yet. I am definitely not thrilled with it ( the residue )... But, it is not as bad as some. Mahalo Unveil is still the front runner. It is the only one that really and truly wowed me so far. But, this one is something to consider. And, more than double the size of the Unveil, which is nice. 

@lyravega  I was really happy to get it as a freebie from Cult Beauty last year. 

I was testing some Marie Veronique products recently but didn't like them. Vitamins C+E+Ferulic Serum didn't agree with my skin. Pre+Probiotic Daily Mist didn't do anything for my skin, and was a bit too drying. But, I so like the idea of pre and probiotic mist! Maybe I'll try it again in some different possible ways of use. Still have Protective Daily Oil to try. I don't expect much after these duds, but we'll see...

So, I recently got the Omorovicza GWP from Bath and Unwind. The bag came with deluxe samples of the Ultramoor Mud Mask (I'd read about this one and really wanted to try it), Deep Cleansing Mask,

Thermal Cleansing Balm, and Gold Rescue Cream.

I know some of you have used this brand (I think I remember @veronika23 saying she liked them a lot). I'd love to hear more about your experiences and if you have any suggestions for using these!

931 Replies
testing