Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Thx you @Mochapj. I think this is the time for me to try it now.  I can use "late birthday present" as an excuse. 😉

Mahalo's "Perfectly Imperfect" program has received positive reactions, and they hope to offer it several times per year. So, those are great news for Mahalo lovers! 🙂 What do you think about it?

I took advantage of it to get a full size of the Rare Indigo Balm and the Vacation Glow. 🙂 I really love the scent of the Rare Indigo Balm when I put it on!

Nice @Magycmyste ! Vacation Glow is one thing I still haven't tried. And, Rare Indigo is just divine in every way!

@lyravega I think it's a neat idea and if I had needed to replenish any of the Mahalo products I use, I probably would've taken them up on it 🙂

I hope they do continue to expand the range of offerings through it over time.

So for those of you who use multiple Odacite serums... do you layer them or alternate which you will use that day or a mix of both?  I have quite a few and trying to figure out the best way to use them. 😄 Thanks!

@veronika23 I use Jo+L only on my nose and apples of cheeks (The areas where my pores are prominent),  Pa+G on the area around my mouth and sides of my forehead ( these are the areas where I have hyperpigmentation) and then I add two drops of CaR in my moisturizer for all over application. I use all these every night. 

@fatimamummy.thanks!  🙂  Is there a reason why you add to your moisturizer instead of just applying it? Thanks!

@veronika23 As they suggest to use these serums mixed with moisturizer or alone so I use the ones that target my main skin concerns (pores and hyperpigmentation) directly without mixing while save an extra step by mixing the bonus add on ( for glow) in my moisturizer 😀

@fatimamummy  duh very true!  Thanks 🙂

@veronika23  Also, each serum is a super concentrated dose of actives. You only really need a couple of drops. So some people find them to be "too much" on their own ( I suppose it is easy to overdo them as couple of drops don't seem like something that would be enough for the whole face, so they apply too much and don't like results ), and just right when mixed with their moisturizers.

I like to use them both ways, on their own, as serums. And mixed with a moisturizer, as boosters, too. Mixed with their Time Release moisturizer they really give me wonderful results.

Depending on what my skin needs, sometimes I mix them, and I've never had any problem mixing and matching any of them. But, I do prefer to use them on their own most of the time. Or, apply certain serums to certain areas on my face, depending on my skin's needs at the moment.

You just need to play around and see what is best for you.

Thanks @lyravega 🙂  I've been playing with a few lately... and gonna add another or two more that I have in the mix but might do mornings with those... Thankfully my skin seems to be looking better now 😄

@veronika23Yaaay for your skin finally doing better! Hopefully it'll be only smooth sailing from here on. 😉 Mine is doing really good lately, too. I think it is finally in its "summer" mode ( normal-dry ) which is a relief after months and months of it being super dry.

@lyravega  oh that's awesome!  I see it's getting better but do not want to jinx it. 😄

*spits three times to scare the devil away* ( aka - not to jinx us ) !!! 😄

@veronika23

@lyravegahahaha nice!!! 😄

@veronika23 some I use daily (BlC, JoL)

Some I use only at certain times of day, and some I use occasionally/as needed.

I've never had any issues with blending several of them together in my palm and then applying to my face.  

I think Fatimamummy was saying she uses some of her for spot treating.

Thanks @Mochapj :). You have clair de lune right? How often would you use that one?  I have so many different ones that I'm trying to figure out a way to best use them... I couldn't use them all at once that's for sure. Thanks 🙂

@veronika23 yeah, I do have CdL.

I use it several nights a week at the moment.  When I've finished whittling down my current serum stash I will probably use CdL nightly.  Other private blends I use (like Summer in Hossegor) I use 1x/day every day.

I think it depends which ones you're trying to use and what you want them to address.  

@MochapjThanks 🙂

I have one for wrinkles, CdL, cell renewal, dryness, fragile capillaries (use almost all the time) and others + some for testing. So I am just trying to balance it all lol 😄

I have some dryness, lines on my forehead, redness is always a concern, broken capillaries and so on... so all the ones I bought addresses some of these concerns but was trying to figure out how to best use the ones I have and when... maybe just alternate them since I can't use them all at once and usually pack on more stuff at night than during the day.

@veronika23 ok for the sake of argument, let's say you have 6.

something like the dryness one would be an all over face application, while the capillaries is probably a localized application. Lines are probably also localized.

none of them need to be applied 2x/day so for the rest I'd just split it down the middle and use 2-3 drops of whatever combo in the morning, and then the other 2-3 drops at night, if that makes sense.

1 Reply
testing