Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I wanted to come back to confirm I am in fact an idiot. I used the product as intended last night @lyravega and it worked like a charm. I woke up with very hydrated skin. The oil and the Accelarator worked nicely together. I did the petal mask from mahalo while I washed my hair, and followed it up with my Uma day oil and my skin feels amazing right now. Glad I asked! 

😄 😄 ( Never! )

Yaaay! I am so glad we figured it out and it works so beautifully for you now ( as it should! 🙂 ), @mrsbaine !

(I liked this just because you made me laugh, not because I think you're an idiot!)

HAHAHAHA! No worries! I try to lighten the mood from time to time! 

I think I read it wrong. 🙄 Because I was using it post avid, I was re-dampening my face when it doesn't require that. 

Tonight was was a mask night and I decided (since I don't use an acid) to try this just after rinsing the mask. We'll see how it looks tomorrow. The Rosewater could be the culprit here. 

Thanks @lyravega

I think that could very likely be so, @mrsbaine . I hope it'll work better for you now. Keep us posted!

Have you tried your new JR hydrating mask yet by any chance...?

Fingers crossed this works out! 

Not yet. My skin is freaking out from probably too much newness. I decided to not introduce a new mask this week. I'm thinking next week though. 

@mrsbaine

I just posted my AM skincare.  I used the Josh Rosebrook accelerator as well (I have used it a few times in the past few days).  It has been fine for me.  I only don't care for the Peptobismol scent.

I used it right after my acid.  In fact, I used it as the dampener before massaging my oil in.  Obviously I don't read instructions.

But it seemed to work fine for me.

Interesting! I can't remember if you mentioned it earlier, but do you normally have drier skin or oily/combination skin?

I tried it last night, after my toner and facial mist, mixed with a bit of Farsali's Rose Gold oil. It felt very hydrating as it went on and seemed to soak in quickly. I liked the feeling going on, and am very heavily contemplating going ahead and getting a full size. My face felt moisturized but not greasy as I went to bed. In the morning, my face felt a little sweaty/oily, but not bad. I think I have combination (going towards oily) skin, as my face tends to feel sweaty and oily when I wake up in the morning, and by the time I go to bed at night (even though the rest of me gets horribly dry - lips, arms, legs - pretty much everything but my face :D). 

I have normal skin for the most part that can be a bit dehydrated. My skin isn't acne prone, or "sensitive" but certain things will cause the random pimple. 

I don't know; it's not love yet. Not sure if there is a learning curve or if my skin has to acclimate to it; but I don't love the dullness when I wake up. I have a pimple or two from something else that my skin didn't like. I'm going to stop using it for now and come back to it in a couple of weeks when I have my skin under control. There are so many people I know who love it, I'm sure if it doesn't work for me, I can easily send it to a friend who would welcome it. 

Has anyone used Pratima Skincare? I've been wanting to try their Neem Rose SPF 30 for a while. Its an Ayurvedic skincare line and they have some interesting products. Shipping is $10.95 so I'm always hesitant to place an order on another SPF that isn't so great. 

I only use mineral sunscreen and it's really hard to find ones without silicone. Devita was my go to for many years but the formula changed so it's harder to work with. 

@pixiedust2 Intriguing... I need to check them and this sunscreen out. But... that is not full ingredient list? Or, is it?

Here is the ingredient list:

Ionized Water, Non-Nano Micronized Zinc Oxide 18.6%, Organic Extracts Of Neem, Brahmi, Shatavari, Licorice, Vitamin E, Lecithin, Organic Essential Oil Of Rose, Xanthan Gum

Thanks, @maunet !

Glad I could help. 😊

@maunet Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

@pixiedust2 This looks really nice! It looks like they have a sample program so you can try before you buy, at least? I think I'll be looking for a new sunscreen soon, so this might work really well. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it if you do try it.

Their sunscreen is great. It gave me no problems with makeup application at all. I have combo/oily skin and it never felt heavy either.

@maunet Thank you! This is good to hear. How long do you think a bottle lasts you? And how is the smell? Is it really strong Neem smelling or is it ok?

I don't find the smell overwhelming and I think my last bottle lasted about 4 months daily use.

Has anyone here had any experience with Floracopeia & Beekman 1802? Both brands I'd like to explore a little more.

Got some Beekman facial wipes and a lip balm from an eBay purchase recently (Vanilla absolute for both). I've tried the lip balm, and it felt like pretty good quality (not OMG, this is the lip balm for me, but definitely a lot better than my drugstore/supermarket brands). It felt a little waxy at first, but absorbed into my lips quickly.

I have no experience with Floracopeia, but their Rose Glow Face serum was recommended to me by the creator of Solstice Scents, and I like the look of their products. 

I tried out the facial cleansing wipes last night (followed by toner (Pevonia), my DIY mist, JR's Hydrating Accelerator, and Farsali Rose Gold Oil. It was subtle, but I could smell the goat's milk in this as well as the vanilla absolute. It was very refreshing and soothing, and felt WET, as though I was splashing milk on my face.

Truthfully, I seem to prefer the feel of oil-based cleansers/makeup removers on my face, and I think that at home, I would probably still prefer to use Farmacy Green Clean to take off makeup because I love the way my face feels after that.

That said, this is the most luxurious feeling face wipe I have ever tried, and I would love this for carrying around to either refresh my face (if I'm not wearing makeup and am feeling oily/sweaty), or to remove my makeup while I'm out and about. I do kind of wish they had individually wrapped wipes though. The package isn't a bad size to carry around, but I've got enough things in my purse, and this feels like yet another weight.

testing