Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Sure! I have normal to dry skin. Hope that helps @narsnarsnars

Your skins sounds like me in fall/early winter. Perfect! I'm totally going to give it a go. Thanks so much again, @mrsbaine!! 😄

@NarNarNars I have used it and still if a sample comes in (which is very often) I use it . It is a nice exfoliating mask but I would say a bit too gentle. If you are new to exfoliation it can be a good starting point but otherwise it is one of those products that feel good on the skin but you don't get any visible results out of them.

That's exactly what I felt after using Caudalie's glycolic peel, @fatimamummy. I guess there's only one way to find out! Any recommendations as to exfoliators that give you reliable, visible results?

@NarNarNars If you will ant to try a resurfacing mask , I like REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask is the best. It is stronger than TH but gives you instant results in a single use.

As I said it is a bit stronger so start with using it once every two weeks and after a period see if you want to use it more frequently but still do not exceed more than once a week.

This one is frequently offered in Gift bags and promos so I think you will be able to get your hands on a DS through trade if you don't have it on you already.

I think I actually have a packet of that mask, @fatimamummy! Will definitely give it a try. Thank you so much for your suggestion! 😄

@NarNarNars I agree with everything fatimamummy said. If you find the Resurfacing mask to be too gentle.. try it under Tata's Purifying Mask (or another mud mask). I got the idea from the Daily Skincare thread and it's been great at detoxing my skin without drying it out as much as a mud mask would (alone)

Hmm mask on top of a mask.. that I have never done before! Love getting good ideas on customizing mask experiences! Thank you so much, @whitepolkydots!! 🙂

You are welcome @NarNarNars Keep us posted about how you like it 🙂

@NarNarNars this one didn't agree with my ( dry ) skin. It was too harsh. It caused me redness, broke me out, and additionally dried out my skin. But then, my skin hates most exfoliants...

Ouch!! So sorry to hear that, @lyravega! My skin has tolerated exfoliants quite well in the past, but I do have dry skin in the winter, so I'll definitely be cautious. Thanks so much for your mini review, and hope you've found a nice, gentle exfoliant for your skin!

@NarNarNars if your skin tolerates exoliants well, I think you'll be ok. I've never really heard this one causing grief to anyone else but me... 😞

Hope it will work nicely for you if you decide to try it! Keep us posted!

@NarNarNars This one is a stand out to me and I have repurchased. My skin feels so smooth after using it. But some days it can be a bit too much for my skin (normal, not sensitive) as it stings a little. 

That sounds promising, @Babypeachist! You give me much confidence in trying a DS that I received recently. Thank you very much!

@NarNarNars I've gone through a jar in the past. It's alright but I think if you've used stronger exfoliants in the past, you may find it too gentle. For my combo oily skin, I prefer products with a bit more oomph.

It probably depends on whether you're trying to find a 'natural' exfoliating product or not, though.

Ahh I see what you mean, @Mochapj. Sounds all right for me to give it a try at least! Thank you so much for the input. 🙂 

I'm super new to posting here, but wanted to chime in on this thread, so first: hello everyone! 

I developed cystic acne recently (in my early 20's) so it's been hell going through so many products trying to figure out what will/will not work on my crazy sensitive hormonal skin!

I tend to stick to the most natural basic, and unscented products (gentle cleanser, moisturizer, jojoba + tea tree oil + a retinoid when needed) but recently I tried the moisturizer from the new Youth to the People brand and it's amazing! It may be a coincidence, but since I've started using it my skin has cleared up, scars have faded & any acne has been MUCH easier to manage. 

I'm also very very wary of skincare brands taking advantage of the "natural" trend and using it as a marketing gimmick, so I was surprised that this product with a name that sounds like a green smoothie wasn't just hype!

Has anyone else tried this? I probably sound like a brand rep here haha, but I promise I was just very excited to find something that works for me and wanted to share 🙂

@eBerry  My son has cystic acne (not even tretinoin cream is helping much,) and he noticed that his oil levels were lessened when he uses a mild moisturizer.  I notice that myself also, that my forehead is oily when I don't apply moisturizer for a couple of days, compared to when I do.

We keep trying different products, but haven't come up with a magic bullet yet.  Ironically, his face did seem to clear some when I gave him a magnesium supplement for leg cramps.  That's got me thinking.

Welcome, @eBerry! Hmmmm, I'd heard of Superfood creams, and I think. I've heard of that one. But I've never tried it....

Welcome @eBerry I recently tried a DS of this cream and actually quite like it and am planning to buy full size once I am run out of my inventory.

That being said, this is the only YTTP product I like so far. I tried their Cleanser and mask after reading all ther aving reviews but neither one worked for me. 

Although my skin is oily, the Cleanser dried it down and stripped it of all the natural glow. The mask on the other hand gave me irritation that quickly changed into burning and I had to wash it before the recommended time.

That tells us not all natural products are for everyone and also that if one product from a brand doesn't work for you they other may work😉

I like this moisturizer.

I agree! I bought their travel size kit to trial the moisturizer and the face wash was a little harsh in stripping my skin + is strongly scented which I dislike in a cleanser.

1 Reply
testing