Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

For sure serum concentrates and the Private Collection ( Winter In Paris and C for Colette being my fav! ). 

Oleosomes Time Release Delivery Crème is my fav moisturizer! Love the stuff! And it works great with their oils ( layering or mixing )!

Aloe + Immortelle Hydra-Repair Treatment Mist. Very nice dry skin lil helper! ( Didn't care for other two. )

Night Time Antioxidants Repair Serum.

I quite like the Rejuvenating cleanser, as well, but it is a tad bit drying on me.

@veronika23

Oh wow! Thanks @lyravega! Guess I have lots to add to my try list 😄

What is your favorite cleanser? I'd like to hear all about what you enjoy using. 🙂

I think everybody and their aunt know I am in love with NUDE Jelly. But, that baby is gone. I do have a couple of backups still... But... They are going fast. And then what?! I've been trying a lot of stuff for months and months now, but nothing has come even remotely close to Jelly in satisfying my wants and needs. I do have some runner-ups in mind, though. Will see.

I also really like NUDE Nourishing Cleansing Oil, and NUDE Clarifying Cleansing Oil, even though that one is a bit drying on me. ( So many oil cleansers are so. friggin. drying! I have dry skin and finding a nice, non drying cleanser is a pain. Maybe some would work - if there were no wash cloth included! ( Looking at you  ( most ) balms! ) My skin would denounce me and run away screaming, or just fell of, if I tried to use a wash cloth even couple of times a week, little less every day! *shudders* )

Mahalo The Unveil Cleanser is very, very nice. Very! It's so good to my skin! And, even though I am of those people who think it is ridiculous to pay such money for something that will just end up going down the drain... I am seriously considering it at this point.

Farmacy has a new oil balm cleanser that I use now that Nude is gone! Its amazing, called Green Clean! 

My face is not a fan of washcloths either.    However, I discovered Bamboo cloths, originally made for babies, that are ridiculously soft and work wonders on my skin!   They also get softer every time you wash them!

I totally agree, don't spend too much on cleansers ( or moisturizers for that matter), spend your money on treatments, serums and masks!   I always double cleanse at night and my first cleanse is Farmacy's Green Clean ( it's amazing, love it more than anything in the world and that's all I can say about that!).  For my second cleanse and my morning cleanse, I have three on regular rotation ( 2 water-based, and one oil based).  They are Indie Lee Rosehip cleanser and Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser ( I love them both equally, but Indie Lee has a light lovely scent that makes me happy .  The Jordan Samuel Plié cleanser  is fabulous in my opinion and super versatile in that it can also be used as a mask as well as a cleanser.   All of these are super affordable and you definitely don't feel like you're washing money down the drain!

@lyravega I mentioned the Consonant foaming face wash already as my lifelong HG of all time, but for removing makeup I absolutely love the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. I've used other cleansing oils (DHC, Neutrogena, The Face Shop) and it is honestly highly raved for a reason. It removes all my makeup but is so gentle; so nourishing but good for my oily skin; washes off easily and doesn't leave any residue/film, but leaves my skin feeling hydrated (HOW??).

I also have the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm, and Banila Co clean it zero cleansing balm (the Asian HG of cleansing balms) and the Shu one works better imo. Just wish it wasn't so expensive haha. This totally diverges from the natural skincare thing but I would give it a try 🙂 There are a ton that Shu makes for diff problems but I just chose the standard yellow cheapest one.

Mahalo The Unveil Cleanser is by far my favorite cleanser! It's costly, but well worth it to me personally.

Oh, and I totally know what you mean when you say you can't use wash cloths... My skin also reacts violently to that. I feel you.

@lyravega have you checked out the jordan samuel plié cleanser ? it's a good price and available from his website. maybe the closest thing i've found to the NUDE, it's ever so slightly oilier (hardly though). i've only been using it a couple weeks but so far so good !

Nope, haven't tried that one yet. Been looking at his stuff, but not quite seriously yet ( as I have so much stuff to go through. ) Sounds good. I think I'll be giving it a shot real soon. Thanks for the heads up @jemly !

Does it need to be used with a wash cloth or something...? ( I hope not! )

@lyravega If you have dry skin probably not but on my oily skin I feel a slight film and need the cloth or a second cleanse

it definitely doesn't get quite as milky with water as I'd personally prefer but i like it as a first cleanse.

Thanks @Mochapj and @jemly .

Yeah, I can't use a wash cloth as it makes my skin majorly bleeped off. My skin hates exfoliation in general, but physical kind especially. ( Thank gods for a few chemical ones I can use! )  "Wash cloth-ing" being the worse. Just thinking about it, and doing it every day!!!!!!!! makes me wanna scream. 😄

Everything does get off even without a wash cloth. I don't need to rub my skin to get it clean. Emulsifying the cleanser and then washing it off with water remove everything that needs to be removed. What's left behind is nourished skin. That is another thing I so love about the Jelly.

I don't do double cleanse, either. Unless I have some heavy make up caked on, which I rarely do. It'd be too much for my dry skin. But, I can't say I care for it to be quite honest. Plus, there is no really need for that with a good cleanser, imo ( speaking just about me and my experience here. Things might be very different in the "oily skin world". 😉 ).

But, yes. At that price point, I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

@Mochapj @lyravega huh, i use it as a second cleanse ! but yeah, i guess that's the phrasing as i was looking for, it's not quite as milky. 

unfortunately lyra, i LOVE a washcloth method, i always take cleansers off with a washcloth rather than a rinse just to ensure everything gets off (and just about as close as i get to a physical exfoliation most of the time). so i can't speak for 'rinse off ability' ! 

that said, it still may be worth trying. the price point is refreshing 🙂

(thank you @Mochapj 😉 )

Paging @jemly since she's a HUGE fan of the NUDE jelly cleanser, maybe she'll have something useful for you!

I know what you mean about spending money on cleansers.  I scoffed at the idea until I used Omorovicza's cleansers, and saw the difference in how my skin felt afterwards.

Having said that, I tried two new reasonably-priced brands this past month, eb5 AHA Exfoliating Cleansing Lotion, which is soap-free and $10 for 6 oz, and LaRoche Posay's Effaclar soap-free cleanser for oily sensitive skin- $15 for 7 oz.

I like them for washing my face in the a.m.

@lyravega great thread!

I have been re-testing the Unveil recently as well and I also am one of those folks that hates spending that kind of money for products that go down the drain, but... dang.  It's so nice!!!

I'm thinking once I get through some of my other cleansers I will pick up a pot to use as a treat during facials or something.

Thank you, @Mochapj !

Ugh... That one is so nice to my skin. It doesn't dry me out at all! It actually even leaves my skin slightly nourished. And, it does a great job cleaning, too. It is very difficult for me to resist it. I wish it at least were the size of the Petal Mask! That'd make me feel a bit better about getting it. 😄

@lyravega no kidding! Based on the texture I was totally expecting I'd still need a cloth to take it off.  When it turned into a rinsable milk I was shocked.  I know they say it's a no cloth cleanser, but I don't always find that's the case when people claim it.

It's $95 a jar here, so I may only splurge when I've worked up some Detox Market love points to offset that horrendous cost :S

Same here, @Mochapj . I was sure I won't be able to take it off just by rinsing, no matter what they say. But, it really is "no cloth needed" kind of balm cleanser! Smiley Surprised

That's a good idea!

@lyravega  do you know that because of you I got the NUDE Jelly last time I saw it in stock 😄  hahaha  You kept talking about it... I needed to see what the fuss was about 🙂

I think you know I have dry skin too and possibly know my obsession with Omorovicza. LOL It's pricey (cheaper in the UK.. much cheaper... let me know if you need a place to shop/get it) but the thermal cleansing balm is my absolute favorite! I do have a sample of the Mahalo and I think I liked it too but would have to re-try.  My skin has been a mess so lots of stuff is on hold... I thought it was getting better but no really... well not today 😞

A long time ago I had The Body Deli's Almond Milk cleanser and remembered liking it too. But definitely a fan of balms right now.

@veronika23  I was organizing my stash, and I realized I have a whole tote full of Omorovicza items, from samples to all those great freebies from the UK sellers last summer.  Thanks again for the alerts!

testing