aviscardi

Josie Maran Milk treatment

gtichick

Re: Josie Maran Milk treatment

(0) Hearts

I wasn't impressed with the 'creamy' argan oil as anything other than a decent hand lotion- I don't have high hopes for this one either.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I just got a sample of this yesterday while at SiJCP.  I've used it twice now and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I definitely use more of this than straight argan oil for my skin to stop feeling dry (and then you're supposed to use argan oil after this as well).  But of course, only using it last night and this morning I can't attest to the longer term moisturization benefits..

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

wow it was in store already. did you use it with the oil after, the reg or light?

i get drier areas all year round, more in the winter so im interested in using it for extra hydration. im not a fan of creams at night

kalex

(0) Hearts

It wasn't out on the shelf but I asked about it and they brought a bottle from the back to make a sample for me.

It has a thin lotion-like consistency.  Last night I applied just the Milk and woke up feeling dry.  This morning I used the Milk and then followed with the regular argan oil and my skin feels good (but it would with just the argan oil too).

So far, I'm calling Josie's bluff on this one.  It's just argan oil and water and everyone knows that putting water on your skin isn't hydrating.  Maybe I'm just not understanding the science (where's Nebel?) but so far this whole "suspending microdroplets of argan oil in purified water" sounds like a bunch of hooey.

evno

(0) Hearts

I agree with kalex and chupi. I normally love JM products, but $55 for an emulsion? If a facial oil is too heavy, make your own emulsion by dampening your face with water and putting a little bit of the oil on top of that. Or vice versa. Whichever works for you. The oil will absorb faster, and your skin will also retain the moisture from the water. 

The JM milk treatment should be cheaper than the argan oil, considering the ingredients. Argan oil is ~$28 per 1 fl. oz., but I don't think water and emulsifiers justify the $27 hike.

chupi

Ingredients: Water**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Propanediol**, Glyceryl Caprylate**, Glyceryl Undecylenate**, Phosphatidylglycerol**, Sodium Benzoate**, Xanthan Gum**, Citric Acid**. *Organic. **Natural.

Basically this is really fancy way of saying "emulsion". Like when you make mayo - combining oil and water using a binder.

I love argan oil, but I think JM is a rip-off. Considering it is just 100% pure argan oil, which you can purchase online or at a health food store for less than $10, but without the celebrity name and cute packaging.

I'm gonna market "Chupacado Oil". Avocado oil with my name and beautiful face on it! $55, please!

gtichick

(0) Hearts

So i KNOW I can buy it cheaper pretty much anywhere else, but I still have a box with about 14 empty bottles of the JM stuff. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? 

Also can we talk about when shes on QVC? Has anyone ever heard her talk? Girl has some great skin care/make up for sale, but something tells me she is really into herbal medicine too, if you get my drift. Hey, its all natural!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kalex
    • chupi
    • aviscardi
    • gtichick
    • evno