infinitise

Has anyone tried Juice beauty green apple peels?

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried any of Juice Beauty's green apple peels - whether its full strength, sensitive, or blemish clearing.

I am asking because I was just at Makeupalley to check the reviews, and someone has mentioned that it might be the company flooding fake positive reviews.

hypnoticpoise

Re: Has anyone tried Juice beauty green apple peels?

Kaylynne I'm personally a fan of your products, I think they are growing because they are natural, organic and actually work. That said, she wanted a suggestion on which might be right for her skin type, I understand why you posted, but I feel that response is just going to open you and the company up to criticism.

kaylynne

(0) Hearts

Huh? It's Karen here, founder of Juice Beauty and we certainly don't have time to flood reviews...whatever that means. One reason we are growing so quickly is because of our amazing Green Apple Peels, they are the brighten, lighten, tighten wonder products and one of the bestsellers at all ULTA stores. Thanks for asking!!

infinitise

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.. it was just what I've read on makeup alley that made me want to make sure.. there are just too many of the fake sponsored reviews nowadays that makes people doubt :smileysad: 

but I'm definitely trying out the green apple peel 

I love your clean ingredients please keep it up! 

CaliCG

(0) Hearts

Hi! I have super sensitive skin and I love love the sensitive green apple peel. My advice would be to be sure to use a generous amount and leave on for how long it says. After and esp the next day your skin will glow and feel so fresh! I also emailed them and they sent me samples. Nothing to lose!

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your opinion !

I'm just trying to decide if I want the full strength or the sensitive... 

or blemish clearing T_T

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I would use like other peels... you start with the mildest form & work your way up. Then again what experience do you have with peels and exfoliation? If you're used to stronger peels, then the full strength might be OK for you. 

I also find pure plant based peels to feel stronger than chemical peels. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Ren glycol lactic mask for a while.. which worked great in the beginning, but now it just makes me super red and doesn't brighten up my complexion anymore.. 

I also use clarisonic with deep pore brush.. 

would the full strength be too strong?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Personally, I would use the sensitive. Glycolic is making you red and you're using the deep pore brush. How often are you using the deep pore brush? 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I honestly thought that glycolic acid was not doing anything.. not that it was irritating me.. 

I'm a bit obsessive about getting rid of the dead cells because when I first used a glycolic acid, it made a world of difference in bare skin, and when putting on makeup..

I'm using the clarisonic every night with a foam cleanser after taking off my makeup with a cleansing oil..

is that too much T_T 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Ideally the clarisonic should only be used a few times a week, unless your skin can handle it, and that's with the sensitive brush head. The deep pore brush head, is really powerful, and probably be used 1-2x a week. When I use the deep pore, I skip using a scrub that week. 

You're probably over exfoliating your face with the deep pore, which is why the REN is making you red, you're skin is too sensitive. 

Just my take on it.... I like to exfoliate... a lot; chemical/manual... peels/scrubs/pads/fruit enzymes/retinol... It took me a while to figure out when/how I was doing too much. Sometimes it would be as subtle as a breakout where I don't usually get them & am not hormonal. But usually it's redness on my cheeks after I use retinol or vitamin c. 

Everyone's skin is different, so it dos take time to find the right balance. 

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

I'm a MUAer (makeup alley user) and the people who post reviews are not always posting the gospel, so I wouldn't take that too seriously. From what I understand the company has been around for several years, and seem reputable, so I doubt they have to pad reviews. That said, I've used their drugstore version of the Green Apple Peel (a company called Juice Organics not sure if they are still around) and the main company's version, and all are good. The smell isn't for everyone, something like fermented apples, but it seems to be a good non-abrasive exfoliator. I'd get a sample first, especially if you have sensitive skin, to see if it's right for you. It can sting like the dickens, especially if you have abrasions of any sort.

syritt

(0) Hearts

I got a sample, but wasn't able to use it. I just doesn't smell good at all. The ingredients are good, so if you don't mind the smell it probably works.

WittyW

(0) Hearts

I agree about the smell, not for me. But the Green Apple Peel seems to work. After I use it my skin feels soft and supple. 

bfuller

I was able to find some reviews backlogged from Sephora when they used to sell it (nod @ dannyc).

Here's the link:  http://reviews.sephora.com/8723/P145801/reviews.htm?page=3   (you'll probably have to copy/paste the link into your search engine)

Based on reading them, I see an order in my 10 minute future.........

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much :smileyhappy:

I knew Sephora used to carry Juice beauty, but I didn't know that the reviews were still available! 

its very helpful - I use Clarisonic, and even though it would be nice if the mask could get rid of black and white heads, but is not necessary :smileyhappy:

ppickle

I've been using the Full Strength Green Apple Peel for six years and there is nothing like it! My skin never looks as fresh, radiant and exfoliated as after I have used it. One jar lasts for months, as I use it 2x per week and a little goes a long way.
infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Does it work the same as it did when you first started using it?

I am just finishing off my Ren glycol lactic mask, but it started not doing anything for me after a few uses...

DTalksAll

Sephora used to carry Juice Beauty. I love the green apple peel, but it's strong! If I'm use it, I don't use any other type of exfoliator or peel 3 days before & after. 

If you e-mail them, they'll send you samples of some of their products. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! thats an amazing advice ! 

I didn't know I could ask for samples online :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

I've been using it for almost a year, and I love it!  I use the Full Strength usually once or twice a week, it's great.  It helps with my sun damage and evens my tone nicely.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • pearlgirl7
    • kso1225
    • hypnoticpoise
    • ppickle
    • syritt