audreyration

For those who don't wear lots of makeup..

What in your opinion are the 5 essentials, or best things to wear that still give a natural look?

prosopon

Re: For those who don't wear lots of makeup..

(0) Hearts

Top 5 essentials:

1.  BB cream (currently loving Dr. Jart)

2.  Blush 

3.  Eyeshadow (neutral pallete)

4.  Mascara (was recommended Almay get up and grow and I love it)

5.  Finishing powder (currently using Tarte smooth operator - it is okay, I feel like it gives me a slight white cast)

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Oh, a product like Dior's Skinflash pen is awesome for natural makeup too because it helps minimize under eye darkness and adds a bit of VERY natural looking radiance to the face.  Make Up For Ever Uplight in 11 is also incredibly subtle but makes you look like you've got naturally luminous skin!

plm95

My top 5 out-the-door-quick-face must haves include:
Under eye concealer - MUFE Full Cover is my favorite
Mineral face powder/Powder foundation - I tend to lean towards Physicians Formula
Eyeliner, most likely in a very small wing - Tarte EmphasEYES Clay Liner
Mascara - The Colossal from Maybelline
Tinted lip balmor lipgloss - wide variety of brands...

Have a nice day

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Powder foundation to ease the shine and/or redness, mascara, Tarte's cheek color in Exposed or Dollface, brow pencil, Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm.

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For an absolute minimal look (when I'm lazy or in a hurry) here's my routine:

1. Face- foundation/concealer to even out skin tone, hide blemishes or redness

2. Eyebrows - doing your eyebrows gives a look instant polish and I never leave home without it

3. Eyeliner

4. Mascara

5. Lip gloss/lipstick

I wanted to put eyeshadow in there too but really it's not as high priority as the rest.  I might do eyeshadow and just get away with a plain chapstick sometimes though.  And blush, if your foundation is fuller coverage.  Possibly if you just use something light like a tinted moisturizer, blush might not be necessary.

michmo

I don't usually wear lots of makeup, or at least I'm just now starting to expand into wearing more. So if I were to pick 5 essentials they would be:

1.  BB Cream--I love Dr. Jart Black Label on my fair skin.  

2. Blush--My 3 top choices for this have been Sonia Kashuk blush from target, Josie Maran coconut water cheek gelee that someone mentioned below, or Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush.  

3.  Mascara--honestly I just use the samples I get from Sephora for this.

4.  Lip gloss/lipstick.  I really like Josie Maran lip glosses.  They leave my lips super hydrated.  But I have to say my absolute favorite lip product right now is a lipstick from Bite Beauty.  I love the color Fig.  They have lots of beautiful colors and if you pick a color that is "your lips but better" it really does look natural.  When I wear it it doesn't look like I'm done up in lipstick, but rather that my lips have a beautiful barely pink look to them.  I was impressed with how natural a lot of the bite beauty shades looked on me.  

5.  A couple neutral eyeshadows.  You can give your eyes a little done look but stay natural looking.  It would be a bonus if one of the colors could double to fill eyebrows.  This step is pretty optional though if you are really only looking for essentials.  

emmaclaire

If you're asking about specific products, here are my suggestions:

1. Josie Maran Coconut Gelee cheek color = I've only heard wonderful things about this stuff!  It's supposed to be longwearing, natural looking, and very comfortable.

2.  Clinique dramatically different mascara = it can give you dramatic lashes, but it's never clumpy, dry, or flaky.  Your lashes stay soft but look gorgeous and full/long!

3.  Korres lip butter = I adore this stuff!  It's the perfect slightly tinted balm that is super hydrating, has a nice (but very light) scent, and is never sticky, heavy, or obnoxiously shiny.  It's very much a "your lips but better" type of product - and it makes your lips so soft!

4.  Laura Mercier eyeliner = I LOVE the Laura Mercier pencil liner in "Stormy Grey" (I think) for a really natural way to emphasize my eyes.  I have blue eyes, and this grey liner is much more subtle than typical black liner, but definitely makes my eyes pop and look bluer.  There's also a gorgeous coppery brown for brown eyes!  It isn't as "natural" as lip balm but applied with a light hand it's very subtle.

5.  Benefit Instant Brow pencil = so many people think that natural looking makeup means cutting out brow products - not necessarily true!  I have terrible eyebrows (sparse and poorly arched) but with the lightest shade in this pencil I can make them look natural but perfectly groomed.  Keeping your brows neat and well defined really helps complete a natural look without looking overly made up or excessive.

Titian06

I agree with Spyski!  For #5, however, I suggest the Kat von D eye shadow pallet in Saint.  Spyski makes a good point with #2, don't neglect your eyebrows.  If you have light colored brows, this will help define your face without looking "made up."

Saint.jpg

GGrace

(0) Hearts

Saint is my absolute favorite pallette

Spyski

(0) Hearts

oOo I need to check this palette out. I don't own anything KVD yet.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

1. base (foundation, TM, BB cream, CC Cream, Powder)

2. lipgloss/lipbalm/lipstick (whatever you prefer)

3. mascara

4. blush

5. neutral shadow

melissabt

(0) Hearts

1. Mascara

2. Tinted Moisturizer

3. Blush

4. Brow pencil/powder/brow mascara

5. Lip gloss or hydrating lipstick

<3 Melissa
Spyski

[ Edited ]

1.) Base whether that be a BB/CC cream, TM, or a natural finish foundation either liquid or powder. Whatever you fancy most.

2.) Eyebrow filler, I use a light taupe colored pencil from Sallys

3.) Diorshow mascara. It's feathery, yet still has impact which is pleasant for a natural look.

4.) YSL Rouge Shine lipstick or if you're feeling glossy go for the NARS Striptease or Turkish Delight depending on skintone.

5.) UD Naked Basics Palette 

rikkie

Eek! Love the new icon! I think I may have to make a little animal picture too, haha. 

Spyski

Thanks and YES jump on the cute animal bandwagon! Thanks to @beautytester for the idea :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

[ Edited ]

I agree with the suggestions below, all good ones! Too Faced is a brand that has some great options for very natural looks (one set is even called "the secret to no makeup makeup" haha.  Another very popular one would be wither of the Urban Decay Naked palettes or the Naked Basics palette, which is all matte shadows if shimmer is more than you want to wear. 

I recommend the Tarte line of cheek tints or the 12 hour blushes for something to give a natural looking flush and they look great on pretty much everyone!

Hmm, just noticed this is in natural/organic... Tarte definitely uses natural ingredients in their products and I know many of Too Faced's products are vegan and UD is famous for being cruelty free, but I'm not sure about using all natural ingredients as I don't usually pay close attention to that. I hope this is a bit helpful to you!

clarks18

1. Blush or Highlighter

2. Mascara

3. Eyeliner

4. Concealer

5. Lip Gloss/Stick/Balm

ChicDabbler

1. brown eyeliner

2. bb cream, foundation or TM.

3. sheer lip gloss or tinted lip balm.

4. curled lashes

5. mattifying powder (cuz I get oily)

ghkim

if we are talking about just makeup (not skincare), i would say foundation (or TM or BB creme), concealer, blush, lipgloss, and a light/matte eyeshadow or cream that evens out lid color.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • polishlover10
    • emmaclaire
    • melissabt
    • drrragon