chupi

Essential oil users!

Anyone else use essential oils topically?

I know there are a lot of other coconut oil users on here. And probably every other post I make is me raving about rosehip seed oil for dry skin. I also use lavender oil to ward of mosquitoes. I love them because they are so cheap at the health food store.

What do you use?

melde

Re: Essential oil users!

Whaaaaat - lavender oil keeps mosquitos away???

chupi

(0) Hearts

Isn't that great?! I just found out about it last Summer because my landlord isn't putting in screens in my windows. I hate the smell of citronella and hate chemical bug sprays.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I've been using the 21 Drops $15 kit and really enjoyed it, especially the Headache and Sleep oils. You could probably make your own versions of them, because they list the oils they use in each blend. 

My mom is a big believer in and user of essential oils. She has just about ever oil you could think of/name! I don't know much about them, but she'll put them in capsules with carrier oils and take them as supplements, use them for cold sores, put them in hair masks for me, etc. A lot of essential oils have antibacterial properties, so she puts a blend of them in our homemade cleaner! She mixes water, vinegar and thieves oil, lemon, and lavender. It cleans kitchen/bathroom counters/mirrors/windows, etc wonderfully and smells nice as well. Lavender is great in a bath! 

seemee22

(0) Hearts

I've used Jason Organic Tea Tree oil. Sometime I dilute it with a carrier oil,such as grape seed if I out it on my face. Other times I don't,I guess it depends on my mood. 

evno

(0) Hearts

I use coconut oil for cleansing and dry spots, grapeseed oil as skin protectant and moisturizer, and rose hip seed oil as a serum in my skin care routine. 

Was anyone else kind of disappointed by rose hip seed oil? I have really dry skin, and the oil was so light that my skin drank it all up. :smileysad:

chupi

(0) Hearts

Do you put a moisturizer on after?

evno

(0) Hearts

I had to! I used the rose hip seed oil as a light serum, and then put on my moisturizer and skin protectant on afterwards. Still disappointed, since I've heard it was good for dry skin.

lissay

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I use lavender, pepermint, wild orange and lemon essential oils on a regular basis. And of course everyone has seen me rave how much I love coconut oil. Don't know how I mananged all the years previously without any of them :smileywink:

chupi

(0) Hearts

What do you do with them and what benefits do they have?

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I use tea tree oil, but that's it. I add some to my toner, and when I steam my face I add a couple drops to the water

mlmac

(0) Hearts

For the most part I use lavender, eucalyptus, and tea tree oils.  Sometimes single or sometimes a combination of the three... I always use almond oil as the carrier. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

What does eucalyptus do?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

chupi, it depends on what type of eucalyptus you are using. I like Narrow Leaf or also known as eucalyptus radiata (which can work as an expectorant and has anti-viral properties)… but eucalyptus dives is a mucolytic - which would probably be good for bronchitis ( but eucalyptus dives contains ketones so it should not be used on children). there are a few others - eucalyptus globulus, eucalyptus polybractea (both main effects are expectorants).

Hope this helped

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I love essential oils. I have a whole case of them (all different brands). I use Tea tree, thyme, lavender, eucalyptus (narrow leaf), and cypress the most but have a lot of other ones & integrate them when I need to.

I love Kurt Schnaubelt's books (Advanced Aromatherapy & The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. - enabler books.

I also really like Valerie Worwood's book The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

oh, I just used bay laurel in the shower (applied neat) it's supposed to help with virus/anti- bacterial.

chupi

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I use Olive Oil to remove eye makeup and condition my lashes! it is a miracle worker!

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I use tea tree for just about anything sinus wise. I also use a lot of eucalyptus oil this time of year for the cold/stuffy nose in the shower. I always put lavender oil in my sons humidifier to help calm him at night so he sleeps better( he has some issues with sleep)

I like to use natural stuff when I can as it causes less of a reaction for allergens here.

I like the new PTR oil less oil seems to be very nice after my OCM. Don't get me started on my coconut oil... I use it for all kinds of stuff! 

I have used tea tree and dishsoap with vanilla extract  as a bee repellent- actually works! 

I have not experimented with many more but I do use 100% Shea butter on my feet every night and don't have to get yelled at when I get my pedicures anymore! lol That stuff is cheap too and lasts forever.But I have an awesome hubby who rubs it on my feet every night! 

haidy

(0) Hearts

Lavender essential oil is my go-to perfume. 

oklady2013

Hi second Veronika, jojoba oil is fabulous. I use it take off makeup, dry winter skin and works great during sandle season.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • lissay
    • chupi
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • seemee22
    • haidy