babybear04

Alternatives to Josie Maran's Argan Oil??

Hi there!

So I'm a HUGE fan of Josie Maran's Argan Oil. It's the only moisturizer I can use on my face that doesn't break me out or make me oily.  It's a holy grail product for me that I absolutely cannot live without.

However, I've noticed my bottle of argan oil getting lower and lower, and I'm going to have to replace it asap.  I normally wouldn't have a problem shelling out the big bucks for a product that does wonders for my skin, but money has been a little tight and I'm trying to cut back on my spending, especially on makeup/skincare because I tend to get a little too excited when I shop at sephora.  

That being said, can anyone recommend an alternative/substitute argan oil that is identical to Josie Maran's but a little less expensive?  I have no problem ordering online if I have to.  I just want to make sure I find something that is truly 100% organic cold-pressed argan oil just like Josie Maran's.

Please and thank you!

snowshoe

Re: Alternatives to Josie Maran's Argan Oil??

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Saadia Organics Argan Oil.  Been a fan for more than a year now:  organic, cold pressed, minimally refined, and fantastic.  I used it on my son's dermatitis when he was a few months old and it helped immensely, and I use it after my weekly peels to soothe my skin.  I have rosacea and haven't had any skin problems as a result of using it; however everyone's skin is unique so your mileage may vary.  

The price is a little less than JM, at $45 for 50ml (1.7 oz).

kisha1976

(0) Hearts

I use 100% argan oil by NOW. It is amazing and only $25 for 4oz.

lorelei51h

(0) Hearts

Many Healthfood Stores carry an ayurvedic Argan Oil which is priced from $14 per oz. It's in a blue bottle, but sadly I can't remember the brand name. It also comes in a 2.5oz bottle for $42. This is the price in New York, but I think it is pretty much the same in other locations. I have extremely sensitive, dry skin and have used this for months without any adverse effects.

DearFaeth

(0) Hearts

Acure Organics Argan Oil is pretty amazing

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Have you tried organic Jojoba oil? My husband uses that on his face and loves it. His skin has been clear and is more moisturized since he started using it. Desert Essence makes an organic jojoba oil for about $10. I bought ours off vitacost.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Do a little reearch before you re-purchase. Argan oil is not cleared for use on the skin & can cause a lot of long term problems. 

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Search for argan oil on Amazon and cross check the results for 100% organic argan oil. I just bought a 2oz bottle for $18 a couple weeks ago. I think the brand is Mogdor or something like that. The key things to look for is that it's 100% organic and an extra perk is if they are verified by ecocert.

There is one brand on Amazon that falsely claims to be verified by ecocert, so make sure you read the reviews.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I was just looking for a less expensive argan oil today!  I just placed an order on Drugstore.com for Acure Organics Argan Oil.   It's $15 for 1oz.  Obviously I can't vouch for it personally yet but it gets really good reviews. 

babybear04

(0) Hearts

Thanks, i'll have to look into that!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • lorelei51h
    • roxystar4