Accepted Solution
Sulfate Free Facial Cleanser
[ Edited ]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kssweetheart
Answered

Hi triciaann12 - I just checked out Bare Escentuals Cleansers for you, I thought they might be sulfate free and good candidates. The 3 cleansers listed here on Sephora's website are BE Purifying Facial Cleanser, BE Deep Cleansing Foam and BE Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser (The Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser is actually a water activated powder) Sephora's website says they are all sulfate free.

I checked out Bare Escentuals website and they don't mention sulfates. They all say that  they all have 'active-soil complex', goes along with the 'mineral' properties of the BE & Bare Minerals lines. All three say they "reveal brighter, smoother, younger looking skin" and that they "reduce fine lines and wrinkles and give you smaller LOOKING pores." They also have moisturizers and other treatment products, unsure if they have sulfates or not.

I haven't tried any of them yet but I've heard great things about them. My sister uses the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser on and off and likes it. BE is a great brand overall. Hope this helps you out.:smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

BE might even send you a sample if you call & ask. Let me know if you like it/them. I know how it is to have a sample......somewhere. I use Philosophy Purity Made Simple and Exfoliating Facial Wash. Not sure if either has sulfates, I can't stand scents either and Purity does have a bit of a rose petal scent, but I liked the way it worked, so I toughed it out and now I'm used to it.

kssweetheart
Yeah, the Purity scent was hard to handle. What's even worse is the Philosophy Hope in Jar, it smells like 'wet dog' to me. Have you ever tried that? (did you see the movie Monsters Inc? when Sully - I think that's his name - is getting ready for a date and wants to put on "odorant" - 'wet dog' is one of the options he lists...ick - loved the movie though) I also just saw the new Philosophy 'Take a Deep Breath" moisturizer, it sounds, and looks, heavenly. But if it smells anything like Hope Jar I don't wanna take a deep breath! Have you heard of or tried? If you order, they usually let you pick a couple of samples, you have to ask though, they don't generally offer and it has to be a phone order.
Manda
Bare Minerals is not for everyone as well, just to let you know. I've use their product and broke out really bad in it. Dried out my face. Again, to each his own.
Manda
(0) Hearts
No problem. Just wanted you to be aware that it may not work for everyone.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • Manda
    • lowrah
    • triciaann12
    • kssweetheart
    • crayzeeRN
    • NYStephA