Answer
rosek32
Natural oil free spf for acne prone skin

Hi,

Need some help in finding a SPF moisturizer for acne prone skin. 

I used the California baby suncreen lotion, but its too oily and made me breakout. 

I am looking for some product which belongs to the natural category.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
dianabt
Answered

Hi rosek32, 

I suggest you try the Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50. I love this sunscreen as it has a great, higher uva and uvb protection and not only is it lightweight and smoothing on the skin but is EASILY layered under any other products or makeup you may use. Ole Henriksen has a great combination of natural based ingredients in their products.

Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave
Answered

I'm a all natural sunscreen buff and there are no oil free all natural sunscreens. The best I can recommend is Neutrogena Pure and Free liquid daily sunblock SPF 50. Its free of chemical sunscreens and a lot of the harmful ingredients in other drugstore sunscreens. Its not what I would consider natural, but it never made me break out, its dries matte and does its job well. Its waterproof and makeup glides over it like silk. It does leave you looking slightly ghostish but if you just put on a slight touch of powder there's no worry.

My favorite all natural sunscreen is mychelle sun shield SPF 28. Its not oily or greasy, it absorbs completely and its moisturizing.

plusbelle
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi!

Let me tell you that I'm not sure if you will find a "natural oil-free sunscreen that doesn't make you breakout". First, is kind of hard finding an oil-free product in the natural category because most natural products are based on plant extracts and OILS, oils are a huge part of natural and organic products. And second, natural sunscreens are made with mineral sunscreen agents, which are known for causing problems on acne-prone skin types. Maybe you can try something like a spray, I believe there are natural spray sunscreens, although I'm not sure. But a regular sunscreen might be the best choice for you, try to not use it constantly, only when you're out in the sun, because I don't believe that chemical sunscreens are reliable. But if you still want to stick to the natural stuff, which is a looot better, try several ones, there are some formulations and oils that doesn't affect oily and acne-prone skins, not all oils are bad for oily skins.

Good luck!

makeupnola
Answered

I've been successful w/Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15.  The great thing about Sephora is that if you don't like or if it doesn't work for you, you can return it.

kmball
Answered
(0) Hearts

Ugh, I feel your pain. It took me a million different products to finally find one that doesn't break me out that has SPF protection. But the one that works for me is L'Occitane Angelica moisturizer. Smells good, and is lightweight. You should also check out Josie Maran's Argan Oil with SPF as it will balance your oil. I use the regular argan oil and it eliminates my excessive oiliness (which I don't understand but I've heard a lot of people say that, too). And last, try COOLA Suncare. They have a matte spf for face that is chemical free.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • makeupnola
    • plusbelle
    • dianabt
    • rosek32
    • kmball