Answer
megthefierce
Accepted Solution
Josie Maran Argan Oil

I am all about organic products, & I recently  heard about Josie Marans Argan Oil & what wonders its supposed to do for your skin. However Im a little worried about putting this on my face because it looks to have a very rich, oily texture and obviously I dont want to break out! So my question is,

DID ANYONE HAVE ISSUES WITH CLOGGED PORES, OR BREAKOUTS AFTTER USING THIS?

thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
kirstiboo
Answered

My daughter and I both have uber hypersensitive skin and this works beautifully for us.

I initially bought the Argan Oil for my 17 year old daughter's acne.  IT'S AMAZING!!  Her skin is clear and beautiful.  It even helped the scars go away.  So of course I then bought some for myself.  I use it in the winter for a little extra moisture/hydration boost, and after doing a facial mask treatment.  I found it works best if you put it on at night before you go to sleep.(for me, about 5 drops does it)  You wake up with this incredibly smooth soft skin.  It's like having been visited by the Beautiful Skin Fairy.

I does have an odd smell, but it goes away within a minute or two.  And after you've used it far a while, you don't even notice it any more.

The oil SEEMS thick or heavy, but it isn't really.  And because it's 100% natural it absorbs very quickly.

You can use it on your body as well.  But given the price and small amount, you may want to use it more sparingly. You can also use it in your hair, but for me, I didn't notice much difference in softness or shine.

This is a fantastic product that REALLY WORKS.  Definitely well worth the price. You not only get a product that is 100% natural, but the bottle and dropper are glass so you get a natural product in a 100% recyclable container as well.

I hope you have good luck with it like we did.

Answers: 23
thelastunicorn
Answered

it's awesome, totally like gold in a bottle. it's totally fine for any skin type inlcuding oily or if you break out, it won't clog pores at all like a synthetic oil or wax will, this has much smaller molecules in it that absorb right in. it has a kind of herby smell that is really mild, and a little goes a loooong way! you can use it anywhere basically, just put a few drops on your fingertips and pat it in to your skin. it's awesome on cuticles and dry lips, dry hair too- but if you want to use it in your hair you should try the Josie hair treatment, it's really amazing and makes my hair so shiny that last time i used it someone asked me if i had gotten a brazilian blowout! Josie Maran is also very ethically minded so you can feel good about buying it.

novemberjuliet
Answered

I love using Argan oil on my face before bed. It really does moisturize lovely and it doesn't irritate my face or cause breakouts. I am very acne prone and I find it to soothe irritation from my breakouts.

I am a little confused as to why Josie Maran's Argan Oil is sooooooo gosh darn expensive!! i have found 100% pure Argan oil elsewhere for literally less than half the price! It is the exact same. i think you just pay for the name when you buy hers. If I didn't find it else where I would have stopped using it because it was way toooo pricy. It is nice to use on your hair too, sparingly. I massage it into my nails too.

diadia
Answered

I just bought my second bottle two days ago. I use it at night as a moisterizer and had the SAME concrns as you. OIL on my face? But I haven't had any problems with it at all. In fact I burned my upper lip with Nair and Argon Oil was the only thing that soothed it :smileyhappy:

skdy
Answered

JM Argan Oil is one of the products that I refuse to do without.  I absolutely love it.  For me, I add it to my moisturizer.  It's been nearly 6 months and have never had a breakout from it.  I had my first facial in about a year last week, and my esthetician never even mentioned that I had a lot of blackheads/whiteheads.  She is definitely the type to tell you like it is, too.  A large majority of the women in my family now use JM Argan Oil.

lwgirl
Answered

I wanted to really like this product, but it did make my skin breakout.

Brinsona
Answered

Not at all! It is such a light oil that it soaks in right away and acts just as the natural oil on your skin would. I have had no problems. It actually tends to clear up my skin seeing that I get dry crisis skin when I break out...

jamiedpt
Answered
(0) Hearts

It is amazing!  When I get a zit I'll put on a small amount of salacylic acid and the oil on top.  Remember chemistry, you need like to absorb like, which is why you need to eat a little healthy fat with fruits, veggies, and when you take your vitamins. 

Since I started using this oil I've noticed my combonation skin is getting more and more normal/balanced. 

moonskape
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very acne prone, combo and sensative fair skin. I'm dry in some places and oily in others and just in general a mess. I've been using the josie maran argan oil with SPF for almost two years. I use it everyday. My skin looks and feels great. It doesn't make me break out. I do find it a little oily but it goes away quickly and doesn't make me look shiney.

jadelady
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very dry around my eyes and cheeks and oily T Zone where I usually get cystic acne breakouts. Especially during winter I need extra moisturizing so I use JM argan oil where I need the most, avoiding the center of my face by simply dropping 2 drops into my palm and rub to heat up then press over my cheeks and neck for 10-30 sec each (heating up the oil between palms really helps the skin absorb it better I think). I like it this way b/c my T zone doesnot feel extra oily next morning. Argan oil is one of those "dry" oil, it is not like putting regular olive oil or baby oil on your face, it feels "drying up" as it gets absorbed into skin. I think the best trick is to use small amount like 1 or 2 drops at a time starting where you need and when I use it little too much by accident or something I use a regular facial tissue, just press it over face like when I blot my Tzone with a rice paper during the day.

KatelynChelsea
Answered
(0) Hearts

I started out using this around my eyes at night to moisturize and remove traces of make-up...there was no way it was going on the rest of my face because my skin is so fussy: I break out really easily and my skin tends to be oily, but it's also really sensitive to a variety of products. Well in came some really cold weather and what do you know...my skin starts to peel because it's gotten really dry. At this point I prayed that my skin would be okay and put some of the Argan oil on my face. I woke up feeling soft and supple. I've been using it for a week now (just a few drops for my whole face, every other day) and it hasn't caused me any problems. Obviously everyone's skin is different, but if my sensitive skin is any indication, this product is fine. Start using just a bit and see how it goes :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed
Answered
(0) Hearts
I'm afraid to use oil on my face. I breakout and it just reminds me of my t zone and I feel adding to it would just do major damage. I use argan oil on my hair though and I love it.
the702diva
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have SUPER oily skin, like literally nothing helps.AND to top it off, I have acne @35.  I started using this about a few weeks ago and it has helped soften my skin and help clear up the breakouts and control the oil. Get the small bottle to try it out, I promise you will be hooked.

gingo
Answered
(0) Hearts

None....skin is hydrated without the oily look....best cleanser and moisturizer, especially this time of the year.....

mamala
Answered
(0) Hearts

I was terrified the first time I used Argan Oil.  I couldn't imagine putting oil on my face or hair.  This stuff is incredible!!! I use it on my face (under eyes and on lids), use it on my hair (my hairdresser asked me if I was on some new vitamin or mineral), hands, but best of all I use it on my eyelashes!!!  Don't know how I managed for so many years without it:smileyhappy:

zoomingpando
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

YES!  I so wanted to LOVE this product.  I am 50 next month and I have never had acne like this!  No, it's not menopause.. (been on Bio-Iden hormones since last March. Yes surgery put me into INSTANT menopause but they thought I might have had cancer so I had the surgery .....I went immediately on bioidentical hormones.  My doc had to make minor adjustments per the tests but again, ACNE when I used this, which I am sure is an amazing product.

When I stopped using the oil, the breakouts stopped..  She is so darling and I SO wanted this to work for me since it was organic but........sadly, NO.  Am I using too much?  I really want to use this... I have her other products and when I use them, I look 10 years younger.  Every other "foundation" or non foundation makes me look older.  Her non foundation makes me look....glowing.  Can someone please advise me?

Josie, if you read this, I LOVE all your products but I cannot wear your BEAUTIFUL eyeshadows.  They irritate my eyes like nothing else ever has.  I am SO INTO the whole organic, pure thing... I want this to work for me.  Am I doing something wrong?  Someone please tell me YES and give me the answer.  I love her products and believe in what she is doing... bringing ORGANIC into the mainstream.  I have been here for years.  Would someone please advise?

aubreda
Answered
(0) Hearts

I LOVE Josie Maran's Argan Oil.  I have combo skin that is prone to breakouts.  Argan oil has never caused any issues.  It is an extremely healthy oil.  

I prefer to use it when my skin is very dry (in the winter for example).  At night I apply it to my entire face, including my oil T-zone, and follow up with a moisturizer (usually Ole Henrikson's Sheer Transformation).  If I apply it in the morning, I typically only apply it to the dry patches as it will glisten.  Once covered by moisturizer and foundation, you can't see the shine any longer.  Make sure to use powder. 

In summary: it should not cause breakouts (I have an oily t-zone, dry winter skin, and break out easily with no issues) but it will look shiney.  So, just take that into consideration in your routine. 

Enjoy!

FoxyCleopatra
Answered
(0) Hearts

Although I have a very oily T-zone, the rest of my face tends to be entremely dry, especially during the winter. I was little hesitant to put straight oil on my face in case it would cause breakouts, but I have to say that I'm glad I bought this. I bought the little travel size about a week ago and ever since then I've been really happy with the results I've been getting. I only put about 3 drops in my palm and then lightly spread it over my face before I put on my moisturizer at night. I haven't broken out yet, and my skin is noticeably more moiturized and glowy. Downfall is definitely the price :/ But I think I'll make the investment!

nac223
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Meg,

I've always had problems with large pores, blackheads on my nose, oiliness, and the occasional breakout.  I have used the argan oil for about a year and found that it helped with keeping my oil production lower throughout the day.  It absorbs really easily and is not greasy at all.  It's been even more effective when I've exfoliated regularly so that it absorbs deeply or in conjunction with using a Clarisonic (which I got for Christmas and have used for about three weeks--it's been amazing).  With good exfoliation, my pores have look a lot smaller and my skin stays matte but glowy throughout the day. 

bewitchn5
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have very sensitive skin and was leary about using this but I had read such great reviews everywhere that I thought, what the heck!  Let me tell you.... I use it everywhere now!  I started out by using it on my hands, then my cracked dry heels, and even on some exema patches....everywhere I put it there was an improvement so then I put about 5 drops in my palm, rubbed hands together and then smoothed it through my hair after my shower and it also made my hair softer and shinier.  This is my little bottle of wonders, as in, I wonder if it will improve here here or here and waalaaa it does!!  I will continue to buy from now on......thank you Josie!!

tclack
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've struggled with acne for 10 years & have slathered this oil on my face with no break outs. I also use it in my hair (ears down due to an oily scalp).

mandydoherty
Answered
(0) Hearts

Josie Maran Argan oil is a little miracle for you skin...and hair...and nails...it melts right in and doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all...i use it under my makeup...a little goes a long way...I do like to slather it on before bed however..my husband who doesn't notice anything says how soft my skin is!

veronicaraye
Answered
(0) Hearts

Read through many reviews and finally decided it was safe to purchase. Bought her moisturizer and light argan oil. I've been using this for over a week and got white head pimples on my lower cheeks and one read sore bump near my nose. I have combo skin and REALLY hoping this is just an adjustment to the new product. Other areas, (forehead, chin, nose) are looking soft and radiant.

Up in the air... the saga continues.. 

hailey00
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have been using Josie Marans Argan Oil for since 4/2012 and it does not clog my pores it is like a drink of moisture to your skin.  I have noticed that my fine lines have decreased and stableized. Never have experienced breakouts.  Great product and would recommend to anyone.

Question Stats
  • 24 answers
  • 15 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • anna507
    • thelastunicorn
    • megthefierce
    • kirstiboo
    • moonskape
    • novemberjuliet
    • tclack
    • mandydoherty