ganic cleanser for already good skin
After a few years of using Philosophy my skin's finally looking its best, so I'm just looking to maintain it with a natural cleanser. Also hoping to simplify my skincare routine too. For the past 2 weeks I've been using the Caudalie foaming cleanser + Philosophy moisturizer without exfoliating with my usual Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea mask, my face feels quite fresh, so I hope to keep that up.
Now looking for an alternative cleanser because of the following reasons
- fragrance: Caudalie's is very nice but a bit too strong, I prefer something more natural and earthy, or at least more gentle.
- makeup removal: at least as good as the Philosophy cleanser. Caudalie's foaming isn't as efficient, a bit too thin, always takes a couple of pumps to get rid of the oil and makeup etc.
- budget: the Philosophy cleanser's a good price, Caudalie's a bit too expensive (especially when I'm not happy with the above two points), but if I find something I'm really happy with, a price similar to Caudalie's is acceptable too.
- lasts long: I don't use a lot of product... the travel-size Philosophy cleanser can last me 2-3 months, the smell changes towards the end of the bottle, eek.
and I have combination skin.
Hi Ruism. I think you would like the Korres White Tea Facial Fluid Gel Cleanser. It is gentle, lightly scented and I think you will find it to be as effective as Purity. One thing to keep in mind with natural cleansers is that many of them are sulfate free. Sulfates add more foam/lather to the cleanser. That doesn't make it any more effective, but I know people get used to the lather feel. This is a very concentrated cleanser so, just as with Purity, a little bit goes a long way.
Answered[ Edited ]
I agree with Keely's suggestion because the Korres line is so gentle and definitely free of a ton of additives and harsh chemicals!
My other favorite cleanser to try is the Origins A Perfect World Anti Oxidant Cleanser which is a nice gel-cream format that is not too drying or hydrating but again, a litlte drop goes a LONG way! Your skin feels refreshed and soft without being stripped and dry.
Couple of Ideas for you:
- Oil of Olay makes cleansing cloths for sensitive skin: affordable, mild exfoliant. (no extra chemicals).
- Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream (not milk) is also wonderful. (Hauschka's whole skincare philosophy is based on the idea that like treats like. His daily normalizing oil is a life changer. I have combination skin and this lightweight oil has reduced blackheads and improved overall skin texture. Highly recommended!
- Eminence Organics: Hard to go wrong with any of their products. VERY organic!
You already have some great recommendations! I also wanted to add the that Ren Gentle Cleanser is an amazing product because, it is sulfate free and leaves your skin feeling calm and hydrated. It removes dirt and pollution and your skin will not feel tight after using this cleanser. It has an extra gentle feeling and has soothing ingredients.