autobiographer

ridges in nails

I've been dealing with weird, lumpy, uneven ridges in my thumb nails for years now. Are there any base coats or anything that you think would help rectify this? Was thinking of investing in the pink gel. 

melissabt

Re: ridges in nails

Hi Autobiographer,

You also might want to try the OCC Ridge-Filling Base Coat.

ridge filler.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/ridge-filling-base-coat-P377734?skuId=1492115

<3 Melissa
dianabt

(0) Hearts

:smileysad: Unfortunately we do not have the Dior ridge filler here! You might want to try a similar gel coat which can help to even out the texture under polish- check into a B vitamin which helps to strengthen the hair and nails as well- I have a few horizontal ridges as well and while they don't fully go away, the vitamins added have helped minimize them!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Nail Tek has a few different options for ridge filling base coats/conditioning coats depending on the state of your nails, whether they're healthy or soft/peeling.

dianabt

Hi autobiographer,

I was always told that ridges in the nailes (hard ones or random lines, bumps etc.) are indicators of a health issue or any kind of trauma your body has gone through. This is especially true on my part but can also be entirely irrelevant! Try using a nail buffer to smooth the nails, invest in a good nourishing hand cream and try a retinol base or strenghthening base coat:

Ergo Buffer

3-Step Ergo Buffer

Pink Gel Coat

Pink Gel Coat

Fresh Brown Sugar Hand Cream (has sugar to retain moisture in the skin!)

Brown Sugar Hand Cream

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

Dior's ridge filler is among the best, but is (naturally) pricey.

Not at Sephora, but it's worth looking at Deborah Lippmann's extensive collection of basecoats to address any number of issues!

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

Dang, looks like they don't sell the Dior ridge filler here at Sephora? 

kalex

Essie makes a product called Ridge Filling Base Coat.  It's only $8 and is my favorite by far.

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

I'll be picking it up next time I'm at the drugstore. Thanks for the suggestion! 

colorobsession

I have the same problem! It seems like my thumb nails are the worst, and my pointer fingers are a little bumpy, but the rest are smooth. I'll buff them a little to try and even things out, but for the most part I'm just kind of grumpy when I'm trying to color them.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Have you tried buffing your nails alittle, you don't want to over do it, but alittle buffing can really help, and there are a lot of ridge fillers that you can find at Sally's. 

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

I have buffed them out in the past but some of my ridges are so deep that it doesn't really help. I have horizontal ridges, not the normal vertical ones. I think I have some type of deficiency... Was hoping maybe there might be a good base coat or something to treat it :smileytongue:

mafan

[ Edited ]

I have these too. I don't know how to get rid of them, but a ridge filling base coat an help. I didn't see an obvious one on the Sephora site. I know that OPI makes one. I've been using something called Bridge

mafan

Sorry, the edit doesn't seem to have worked and replies on my iPad are a pain in this editor. 

I use something called Bridge The Ridge that I got at Sally Beauty and I like it a lot. Look for something that is specifically a ridge filler. The textured polish I have on now doesn't feel at all bumpy and the last cream polish I wore looked perfectly smooth and I got tons of compliments. 

Good luck!

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

Understandable. Thanks! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex