stephg74956

matte nails

Hey! Im trying to find a matte black nail polish. Now does it come all ready matte or do I just need to buy a matte top coat? If thats the case which brand is the best to buy???

x0Emilie0x

Re: matte nails

(0) Hearts

Matte top coats I think are your best deal, so that you don't have to buy a shade in matte to get it to look how you want. You can apply this over any color and it will mattify it. It does usually rub off after a few days to a week, so it'll need some reapplying if you plan on keeping it on your nails for longer. I use a Revlon top coat I just bought at my local drugstore, it works fine and it's not expensive (don't invest in a pricey nail polish for this!) I have yet to try the drying nails over boiling water thing, but I'm curious to see how well it works. 

knadala

You can mattify nail polish by applying it to your nails and hovering your hand over steam for a couple of minutes. Boil some water on your stove and let your nails dry over the steam. You don't need to keep your hand close to the pot, as long as the steam touches on your nails, it will instantly mattify the look and the effect looks last longer if you do it for over 60 seconds.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Oh and FYI, matte colors tend to become un-matte after a few days, at least that's my experience.

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

Like others have mentioned, there are matte top coats that can be used over polish, to make it matte.

or perhaps this may interest you:

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Scorn - pure black/matte finish

http://www.sephora.com/nail-varnish-P241720?skuId=1194026

DTalksAll

I got the Essie matte top coat a few years back & love it. I can transform any polish to matte instantly. I really like to play around and use it on glitter, dual tone/shift, bright... 

stephg74956

(0) Hearts

ok cool thanks for all the replies.  I think I am better off just getting a matte top coat so i can use it on any color I like. I am a huge fan of OPI and Essie so Ill just have to shop around for one of them

BeautyJunkie325

I have both the Essie and Butter London matte top coats.  I like using a matte top coat because I can make any polish matte.   my favorite black is OPIs.

veronika23

I have a matte top coat from Essie. I like it but I'm no nail expert. lol.  Getting a matte top coat you can turn any nail polish matte.  :smileywink:

warriorwitch

If you already have a black polish you like,  I would just get a matte top coat. I haven't found one I really like, but I would start with whatever your favorite polish is and see if they have one.

Other wise I like Klean Color, they have a matte line now, though you may have to order it because its kinda hit or miss to find stores that sell them. Its cheaper if you can find a store in your area that stocks it, I normally find them in store for 99 cents, where as on the web store they are about $3.50 or so.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • warriorwitch
    • knadala
    • PoesRevy