1930sbella

is it really worth it?

(0) Hearts

I saw this OPI polish:

2266809.jpg

Top your favorite Mariah Carey shade with real silver and real 18K gold leaf by OPI

I wont be buying this, but what do ya think :smileyhappy:?

BeautyJunkie325

Re: is it really worth it?

I have the Sephora by OPI 18K top coat. I like it  I would so go for the silver. 

mafan

I have the Sephora by OPI 18K It's Real top coat, but only because I found it on sale at SiJCP for about $8 and later got another bottle for about $5.  It's fun, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. 

When I gave my (then) 16 year old niece a bottle she said I was the coolest aunt ever.  So I guess it has some appeal!

lylysa

If I wanted gold leaf on my nails I'd just use the flakes/sheets sold at art supply stores. You get up getting a lot more material for your money.

The below photos aren't mine, but OPI's launched a couple of gold flake/leaf top coats with the partnership they had with Sephora and when the last James Bond film launched.

lilyyy

I am so happy to see your swatch! I tried the Deborah Lippmann version of this and the gold flakes were too big and folded over on themselves. Yuck!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oh, I didn't swatch it, I found that pic online via Google search.

I've yet to bring myself to purchase gold/silver leaf polishes because I know they tend to get marked up higher. I believe the OPI James Bond one was close to $30 and because it was limited edition, you can catch it going for $40 or more on eBay and beauty sites. The below swatch/image compilation is from The Polishaholic's blog site. I have to say I'm not blown away by the pay off. The flakes are very small and from her reviews they were few and far in-between and application was more about dabbing that swiping polish on the nail.

I'd rather pick up a bag at a craft store for about $5 or $6 and use a clear polish to make a DIY version.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lilyyy
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • 1930sbella
Photos1