swanbeauty

Winter nails... they look like Dresden porcelain!

So, I was trying out looks with my new nail wheels (Thanks Kimmi), and I just got my new Bundle Monster stamping plates... and I found a look I wanted to do.  After I was totally done, I realized they look like that blue and white china from Dresden!  Funny!!

I really, really wanted to use that blue (By China Glaze), and do white snowflakes, but I don't own the special polish by Konad to do this, and my Essie Blanc just didn't cut it.  You can see (barely) the snowflakes I tried to stamp on there.  :smileysurprised:(  Sad.

first nail wheel winter.jpg

Here is what I eneded up with.

Dresden Nails.jpg

melissabt

Re: Winter nails... they look like Dresden porcelain!

(0) Hearts

Very cute and creative! I love the one with the blue tips:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
swanbeauty

Thanks everybody!

dianabt - that was my original idea, and the one I liked best... but I couldn't get the white or silver snowflakes to show up... bummer.  I got the blue just for this look (but I was sure I would use it again...hehehe).  I have since gotten "Silver Sweep" by Sally Hansen, which is supposed to be great for stamping.  We will see.  I still need to buy the Konad white.  I can't "live" without it!  :smileysurprised:0

@ kimmi1115 - The Essie white is pretty good.  It does take three coats to get it to really look smooth and beautiful.  Two coats did pretty good, but I am a perfectionist, so I did one more, and it made a difference.  

@beautylovingirl - it is really easy!!  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  You might try it with just one plate, stamper and scraper... but then you will be addicted!!  Muh Ha ha ha!!!

nixi

(0) Hearts

Where did you get the nail wheel from?

swanbeauty

(0) Hearts

I bought it at Sally Beauty Supply.

kimmi1115

Very pretty!  It looks like the white Essie goes on quite smoothly and evenly.  My China Glaze White on White shade has been giving me a hard time lately.  From what I've researched on stamping, quite a few people say the two main Konad Special Polishes to get are the White and Black.  

dianabt

So pretty! I love the white with snowflake print but I think my favorite may be the satin blue looking nail with the white stripe, silver glitter and snowflakes.

Once my nails grow out I think I'll have to try something fun like this, but after I get a nail wheel too! :smileyhappy: 

Thank you for sharing! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

Those look really good. I don't see how in the world ya'll do that:smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

Love it!  Very festive !

lylysa

Cute!!!!! I love designs on white nails, just like plating food, it sets off everything so much better when there's a stark background to contrast!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kimmi1115
    • nixi
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • swanbeauty