ilovetopurplefy

What do you think is the ugliest nail shape you've seen?

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! We don't see a lot of nail posts often so I wanted to start an interesting one!

What is the ugliest nail shape you've seen? I personally think duck feet nails are the worst.They're not nice looking!! Why do people like this shape? It's awful!!

duck-feet-nails-18_thumb.jpg

lylysa

Re: What do you think is the ugliest nail shape you've seen?

For starters, these are NOT photos of my feet/fingers :smileytongue:

BUBBLE acrylics/thick acrylics (in the last pic you can see it moreso on the ring finger), I cannot stand the look of super rounded, domed nails. This to me counteracts the idea of having nails for length by making them short and choppy looking. Blegh. When I was still in school I had friends who got their tips suppper short and the acrylic over them to be super dense, I have no idea why, their nails just looked chunky.

Another non-flattering nail look in my eyes are convex nails, to me this is more based on an improper fit of nail tips and not filing the sides and edges down, but to me it looks like the nails are wings about to take off and fly right off the finger!

kimmi1115

These pictures make me feel much better about the current state of practice I'm in with acrylic.  As long as they don't come out like that, I'm happy, happy, happy lol.

bratknits

Ummmm why would someone make it look like the REALLY need to take a trip to the podiatrist on purpose?  Thickened toe nails are a sign of some icky things like fungus.  I wouldn't be thinking "oh pretty" if I saw these walk by, I'd be thinking "SHOWER SHOES!"  Is this really a thing?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I've never seen the "bubble" toes in person, but I have seen the look on finger nails.

Oh gosh, now I have horrible images of toe fungus in my head....*hurl* :smileytongue:

killahbabe

[ Edited ]

I love the disclaimer: "these are NOT my feet/fingers!" haha. I never really understood the "chunky" nail trend... it just seems bothersome and impractical. In fact, a lot of these look bothersome and impractical. But then again, I've NEVER had my nails done (the smell of nail salons make me dizzy) so that may be why I just don't "get" it.

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I dont like super long nails to begin with, but super long nails + that shape is no go for me personally!

gingerblack

I know this is meant to be just for fun, but I just wanted to point out that some girls here might have nails like this and it could hurt their feelings. Maybe instead of saying something is hideous, we could say it isn't our style. Idk, just my two cents!

ShinyMagpie

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings. 

I actually really like seeing people express themselves creatively with their clothes, makeup, nails. 

I love all the little add-ons and things people stick on. Somebody posted the other night with all the little flowers and things and I thought they looked beautiful.

I'm quite a polish hoarder but I keep my own nails pretty short because I love to garden and do ceramics. Back in the day I rocked long acrylics. I couldn't these days because they just wouldn't be practical for me. 

gingerblack

I know that no one here meant to :smileyhappy: I just thought I'd mention that to keep things positive.

calamityjane85

Right beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lets not hate. 

katief241981

Those are awful!!!!!

I can't get in to the pointy nails.  A little pointed/rounded I can handle.  But if you could cause serious puncture wounds with your nails, you are taking it to far.  

lylysa

At least you know if someone had duck feet nails they can't be picking their nose with their nails as the tips are too wide to fit in a nostril! :smileytongue:

ilovetopurplefy

@ShinyMagpie hahahaha nice!!! If you think about it, it does make sense to scoop things with them!!!

ShinyMagpie

[ Edited ]

Oh my! 

George-Takei-oh-myGIF.gif

Those are certainly different. Hey if you're going paleo you could use them to scoop up your guacamole and avoid the tortilla carbs. :smileywink:

They would certainly make it a lot trickier to do all kinds of things. 

HelloCoffee

LOL shinymagpie!

Yea, that shape is bad!

I like a slight Almond or Squoval the best….they look the most natural.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 79 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • kimmi1115