kimmi1115

Watermelon Nails

I've seen this done many times, and I decided to finally give it a try.  However, I wish there was some watermelon here to eat now lol.

watermelon.JPG

The white didn't come out as clean as I hoped.  The skinniest brush I had was also one of my first ones, so I had to make it work lol.  I used:

Stripe Tape (to separate the pink and green, then I removed it careful)

Nail art brush

Dotting tool (However, watermelon seeds aren't exactly dots, so I tried to them  more tear droppish)

Sally Girl in Pink It Up

Essie in Blanc

China Glaze Watermelon Rind

OPI Mourning Glory

Orly Sec and Dry Top Coat (my FAV top coat!  I like it so much better than Seche Vit and Out the Door!  It's also quite durable.)

tashalicious

Re: Watermelon Nails

very cute

beautylovingirl

Oooh kimmi I just saw your watermelon nails. SOOOO cute:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

super cute Kimmi! love them.

miabt

I love watermelon nails!  I dont know how you do it!  I cant keep my hand steady enough at all!

xo, Mia

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks, everyone!!  

Titian06

Kimmi - Your nails are so cute and summer-y looking!

arielaaaaaaaa

They are cute! For making lines clean you should look into nail tape! Those watermelon nails remind me of a picture i saw that I really wanted to get done! the nails there picnic tables with little ants on them and then a watermelon accent nail!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I tried some nail tape that I got from eBay, but the roll I used was being annoying.  It was white, and I couldn't find the starting point so I had to make one.  I had stings of tape sticking to my fingers and clippers.

lylysa

Nom, nom, nom!! Cute and yummy looking nails, Kimmi!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I still haven't had any watermelon yet lol.

starletta8

As always, so adorable Kimmi!

ChicDabbler

Nice! I did something like that on a sample jar cuz I can't draw well on small surfaces. I didn't have the necessary color, so I did red, navy instead of black, and mint instead of green. I can't justify buying a bottle of black polish, but I think I might need to get an actual green.

If you want seeds, what I did was I held my brush at a slant/angle.

Yay pretty pretty!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I remember seeing your painted sample jars in another thread!  They were awesome!  It's fun arts and crafts and recycling!

Spyski

Nice! Now I'm craving watermelon with salt of course.

I've been meaning to ask you, have you ever tried doing cartoon nails? Like these:swfupload_6037713820629143751.jpg

kimmi1115

Thanks, Spyski!  I've seen the cartoon nails a few times on Instagram (it's been a while though), but they are so cute and fun!  I will have to give them a try soon.  The hard part will be deciding the colors to use with the black and white lol.

Spyski

Yeah I was wanting one of you guys to post some pics of this kinda nail style, because I can only drool over pics at the moment as I'm growing my nails out. Hope I'm not "photobombing" your thread Kimmi, you're like the nail queen of BT! Hope to see more from ya to admire over :smileyhappy:

candacebt

oooh! Mani Friday inspiration! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

And Candace's comment just made me realize I'm off of work, so I can go nuts for mani Friday. *runs for cartons of nail polish*

dianabt

Cute! I want to try doing this too, I love them! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt

WOW, these are AMAZING!! <3 them so cute.

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • lylysa