kimmi1115

Torquoise and Gold French Tips

One of my favorite things to do to my nails is to just paint the tips for a variation of a French manicure.  Simple, but I like it.  I sometimes think simple designs look the best.  The two colors remind me of a mermaid's fin.  I hope the watermark isn't too annoying.  It's the same image that I uploaded to Instagram.

Products I used:

Sephora by OPI as a base coat

Zoya in Zuza on the tips

LA Colors in Gold Glitter for the streak

OPI RapiDry top coat.  It doesn't dry as quickly as Seche Vite, though.  I think it's my HG Top coat lol.

dianabt

Re: Torquoise and Gold French Tips

FYI @Kimmi I found the matte top coat you were using in your previous posts! It was at Target for 99 cents! I can't wait to try it with these new Hello Kitty nail stickers I bought! =D

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  Awesome!!  You got a great deal on it.  I think Walmart carries it for two dollars and something.  Let me know what you think of it.  It had been a very long time since I had used anything by NYC.  I'm now a bit curious as to how their line of regular nail polishes are.

@makeupobesessed  Since my nail beds are kind of short (compared to other people's), my nail tip can be kind of long.  Due to the width, I'm able to use a regular nail polish brush and use the bottom of the nail as a guide.  The gold glitter has a thin, tapered type of brush that's best for basic lines.  Have you looked at the products coming out for Fall?  I think you can find some inspiration there, especially with all the new eyeshadow palettes coming out.  There are so many that it's overwhelming for me lol. 

dianabt

@makeupobesessed, I actually bought little french tip guideline stickers. You have to wait for your base coat to be ENTIRELY dry before applying them, and then after painting the tips, make sure the tip is fully dry as well before removing them. A bit time consuming but great for those of us who can't do the straight lines :smileywink:

@Kimmi I REALLY like the matte coat! I did a dark shiny red and put black tips then the matte coat on top. Love it! I dont have pics on here but put a few on my instagram and twitter for opinions hahaha

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  That sounds like a stunning manicure!

sephoramusthave

WOW...you are officially the nail queen.

I bow down to thee.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

LOL!!!  That is such a cute dog picture! 

makeupobesessed

How do u keep the lines straight going across?  When ever I get a french mani, the manicurist seems to be able to do it without any sort of stencil.  I never even knew there was a matte nail polish, but Target is my favorite so I'll check it out next time I'm there.  Your nails and makeup you post always looks so good and is creative.  I need some motivation to do something creative.  After my Caite mani, I haven't been doing much differently with my makeup routine.

dianabt

Very pretty! I have that same gold Art Deco polish, I love to use it for everything! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt

Love it! That Zoya polish looks awesome:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
elizbeth1972

This is one of my favourites so far....I might try it myself actually, if thats ok hehe.  I love the turquoise.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@elizbeth1972  Of course it's fine with me :smileyhappy:    Have fun with it!

janinebt

LOVE! Gold and tourquise go so well together, if this look doesn't scream summer I don't know what does! Nice work Kimmi :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt