kimchikween

Someone to blame..you know who you are...

for convincing me to sign up for Julep Maven.  Agh!  I use a UPS box for packages since I am always out of town, and the owners mentioned that he was seeing an uptick in the number of boxes arriving for me....

bgirling

Re: Someone to blame..you know who you are...

(0) Hearts

Wantable is an awesome subscription box.  They send a reminder email (much like Julep) prior to shipping your box so you have a chance to skip it if you like.  They are pretty good with staying with your preferences.  They also have a full/partial refund option with is the bomb dot com.  The accessories box is definitely more hit or miss but I have not had a problem with returns which is why I can justify the heftier price tag of $36.  

For all of the nail polish lovers - you might want to check out Bondi (bondinewyork.com).  They are a 5-free polish and the subscription box is $19.99 / month for 3 0.5floz polishes (of which you choose your own colors) and a beauty gift.  The customer service is nothing short of amazing.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

Oh no, was it me? LOL

I haven't signed up for Glossybox (yet) but I do have Birchbox and signed up for the Blush Mystery box. I cancelled Ipsy after two months, the packages take forever and the last one wasn't even sealed!  It's amazing that they actual bag of products didn't fall out during transit.

syritt

(0) Hearts

How is Glossybox? Is that worth trying? It looks like they're currently running a 15% off monthly boxes forever deal, so I'm pretty tempted.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

That's a pretty sweet deal!  I signed up for a 12 month plan (dangit).  If you do monthly, and you hit 1000 glossydots, your next box is free.

As with any box, it can be hit and miss.  I actually love the boxes themselves. They are sturdy and they use crepey like paper for filling.  I keep these boxes and filling for gifts - it's perfect.  Some of them are quite pretty.

As far as the items - some of them are (to me at least) pretty obscure brands, so it's kind of fun to check them out, but I don't often buy them.  I just like having these travel-friendly sized, high-quality products.  They have limited boxes (that I always miss) that are pretty nice too.

Kiki1517

Same here, I love their boxes, so sturdy and cute, I actually use them in my vanity to store things in! Unfortunately, I only liked the very first box I got (The Man Repeller) and cancelled after last month. I found that they send repeat products which isn't really fun when we are supposed to be trying new things each month. But the cool thing was, the first few months they accidentally sent me double boxes so I was able to share the wealth :smileywink:

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

The Man Repeller was my first Glossybox too. I loved that Tarte lippie. But I think I only stayed for a month or two after that, I didn't really like the customer service or the samples very much.

If you're interested in signing up, you can get an extra $2.75 back if you use eBates' link.

aviscardi

julep is the only sub that ive kept for over a year because i actually remember to skip it when i don't want it

DTalksAll

Another box I love is the Allure Sample Society through Beauty Bar. The boxes are mostly high-end stuff (The items they have on their site) and it's all deluxe & full size. 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I'm on the fence on whether to add that - I have Glossybox already.  I'm thinking of cancelling BB at the end of my subscription and switch over to Sample Society.

syritt

You all are a terrible influence. ~_^ I had never heard of Wantable before, and now I'm going to have yet another box coming in. Thanks ladies! Always appreciate the good finds.

kimchikween

I'm always ready and able to "enable it forward" as one might say.  swfupload_3244225142834407991.gif

I'm actually eyeing the accessories box for Wantable.  I'm horrible with accessorizing - don't know how to do it, don't know what to get, etc...I feel overloaded when I go to the jewelry section - this might take the thinking out and introduce me to new looks.

On another note - there are some *ahem* interesting subscription boxes now available...(not beauty related)

malday

(0) Hearts

I think Maven is worth it! Especially since you get 20% off any other polish purchses. I don't know about you but paying $14 for a bottle that contains half the amount of polish that most brands give you makes me a little hesitant, but the fact that the polish is super good and only $11 with maven makes me feel a lot better haha.

DTalksAll

Sorry :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: 

But if you like polishes it's a really good deal! & having the option to see what you're getting, switch to a different box &/or cancel before you get charged is a huge perk! 

kimchikween

That is a huge perk and pretty unique amongst subscription box services.  I will need, however, another container for nail polishes now.

hydee77

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

kimchikween

Esdee

I became a Maven, too, and have half a dozen other subscription boxes open in tabs, trying to decide if/what I need to add.  Sorely tempted to get an account with UPS so I can start asking them to hold my packages for easy pick-up, and not worry about little fingers running off with the boxes while I'm working the night shift!

kimchikween

Um...yea, so I already have Birchbox, Glossybox, and just got Wantable.  Since I travel so much, this is the best way to both sample new/unique beauty products as well as have something good in a travel size.

Re: UPS box, that's exactly why I got one - I had a package stolen off my front porch.

drrragon

@kimchikween -- ooooh wantable, i have really been wanting to try that one out.  how does the UPS box work, is it like a PO box where a lot of companies won't ship to it?  Or is it more flexible?

and how was your shopping expedition yesterday? :smileyvery-happy:

kimchikween

UPS box is great because is't not Post Office - so the whole PO box restriction  doesn't apply.  You also get a legitimate address..like XXXX Main St #XXX.  I get an email whenever a packaged arrives that needs to be signed for and anything that goes into the box is accessible 24/7  When shopping, be aware of location - some locations will have higher rates than others.  Also, you can get a smaller box, because they will still sign and hold onto your items regardless of size.

Expedition was productive but did not hit all the spots I wanted to.  Starting to feel under the weather, so the experience totally wiped me out.  I'll do a post (or a couple) regarding my findings so far.  I had a GREAT experience with the makeup counter ladies.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • malday
    • aviscardi
    • drrragon
    • syritt