Rouge Louboutin

[ Edited ]

Eff! I have a feeling the $50 Louboutin red nail polish will end up at my house. I don't hoard cheapie polishes so it's okay to splurge on a luxury beauty product, right?

upload_7233887510679078838.jpg

Sephora will be getting it around August 6th if I remember correctly.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?productId=P388556&om_mmc=oth-tum-20140723-Louboutin

Re: Rouge Louboutin

"ridiculously unnecessary" is a perfect description for these, lol!

[ Edited ]

saw this pic the other day also on café makeup and I am kinda disappointed for the color, looks too similar to Sephora Rouge polish (at least close enough for me where it would not make a difference)... BUT I do Love the packaging!

C.L. polish

(0) Hearts

This picture makes me really want Chanel - Pirate too! It's amazing how shades can appear so similar, then when viewed side by side they're all distinctly different. 

But I'll be damned if I'm not a sucker for iconic colors.

Thx for the swatches. Would you consider getting one of the other colors when they come out?

you are welcome, again the swatch is not mine but from Cafe Makeup.

I think as gorgeous as the packaging is and its by CL, i personally would not buy it (sad panda face), just because there are so many dupes.. - and one of them is Sephora Rouge (at least from the pics!) - which i received this weekend.  

I buy practical - something i know i will use, i don't want to buy it so it will sit there and look pretty!

Makes good sense.

I love red polish!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh soooo classy, so vampy, so glamorous, so bold, so striking, so reeeeed!!!!!

(0) Hearts

I know right! i love red polishes too, i think i have a bit toooo toooo many in my nail polish collection - ohhh well i LOVE them all ! :smileyhappy:

Available now! 

I justified my purchase with the thought that this is going to look so fabulous on my dresser. 

Ok, stalking that product page! I just saw it added to the 'Just Added' section from the front page. Also, check out these pictures from cafemakeup. I'm drooling over here. 

upload_7273971681031243846.jpg

They all look really gorgeous and luxe! BUT, knowing my clumsy self, I'll probably end up accidentally stabbing my eyes out with these somehow, haha!

Noooo! :smileytongue:

The last thing we want is a news report like this:

Coming up on your local news, the dangers of this designer nail polish. Stay tuned to witness how one Sephora shopper is now sporting an eye patch in addition to her fabulous make up looks all due to a nasty run-in with a product that is now under investigation for safety measures.

I think I'm enjoying making up false news blips way too much....just read the rest further back in the thread. At least I'm not alone in it! Haha!

Hehehe! I love that 'news blip'!! And I just finished reading you guys's posts from earlier on and they totally crack me up! Seriously I never thought about it that way, but if this product multi-tasks as a self defense weapon, house decor, luxury makeup, then that's not a bad value after all, eh? :smileywink:

(0) Hearts

Fashion AND function!

I wonder if TSA would let somebody take that on a plane.

Haha, I love that the page already has one useless review of someone who wants to try it...

(0) Hearts

There are supposed to be like 30 shades, so I certainly couldn't afford all of them. I'd like at least one though.

The packaging is lovely - but there is absolutely no way I would spend $50 on nail polish. I've purchased expensive (e.g. $25 polish) and never found it to be much better than Butter or other sort-of-expensive brands. Nail polish is, however, my least favorite and most often regreted beauty item. Is it just me or do most of these colors seem just runof the mill anyhow?

Yes, $50 is expensive for a nail polish BUT It's one heck of a lot cheaper than a pair of Louboutins!

(0) Hearts

I never paint my own nails but I'm tempted to buy them as art! OMG!!! 

I'm a little sad that these aren't available to ship to Canada but then again it saves me from having to explain to my fiancé why I needed to spend $50 on a nail polish. haha

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments