arielaaaaaaaa

Quick Dry To Coat!

Help. 

I've always kept my nails short because they are soooo thin and break easy. But recently i've started growing them and polishing them, and that keeps them from breaking so easily, but they still are breaking. I was wondering what some really good Nail Hardener Base Coats there are, and Quick Dry Tops coats since i'm so impatient! 

I've been looking at the Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock Hydrating Hardener as a base coat

s1439405-main-hero.jpg

And also Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

s1290063-main-hero.jpg

As Far as Top Coats, i've been thinking Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top coat

s1354778-main-hero.jpg

It says it dried in 45 seconds! 

Has anyone used these and recommend them or have anything else in mind. I'd prefer if i could get it from Sephora, But i'm open to anything! 

jaimelove

Re: Quick Dry To Coat!

(0) Hearts

i use the butter london nail foundation and pd quick top coat and i love them. i've tried a lot of base/topcoat combos and nothing has worked as fantastically as this. my manicures last up to a week with it, vs a day or two with anything else. 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Ditto on Seche Vite...the first time I used it, it changed my life..hahaha..but seriously yes.  It's available at some drugstores, too.

ellevee09

I'm currently using Pink Gel Coat and I really love it but I'm gonna look into some of these other choices. Thanks for posting!!

AViz

Seche Vite.  It's like $7 and works like magic.  I repeat.  MAGIC.

unblownkisses

I have never emptied a bottle of polish before, but I did with Sally Hansen's strong as nail's top coat. It totally helped strengthen my nails, and not only kept them from breaking easily when I was doing manual labor 12 hours a day or so but helped significantly with bruising them. 

I concur with the OPI by Sephora drying drops, if you can find them!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Anyone know any good Drying Drops?

candacebt

If you find any of the Sephora by OPI drying drops left in store, buy All of them. I literally bought about 5 bottles when they went on sale, I love them so much; they work better than any other brand I've tried.

Formula X for Sephora is coming out with some too, so I'll report back!

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Oh if i see any i will buy them all!! :smileyhappy:

If not i'll wait around for the Formula X!

lylysa

I've had decent results with Essence's Drying Drops, it's super cheap (I think it's $3) but seems to do the trick. I'm not a fan of drops just because the consistency throws me off some, and if you do a top coat, be sure the drops have worked their magic then be sure hands are washed and dry and there's no film or wetness left from the drops or the polish won't set well over it.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh Thanks for the Tip, I will check those drops out! 

lylysa

No prob! I was real skeptical at first because I never tried drops before and didn't want to hassle with spending too much and returning it if it didn't work. The Essence ones did the trick and didn't make me groan in pain when I went to pay! :smileyhappy:

poshified

I swear by the Nails Inc Top Coat -- which does tend to get slightly goopier by the 1/4 left mark, but for the speed that it dries, I'm totally fine :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I just made a special trip to my local SiJCP right now to see if they were giving the Chevron Bag out early, and to test some Top Coats! Omg i can't beleive how fast it dried! I will be purchasing Friday! :smileyhappy:

deedjw

I have 2 recommendations.  First is the Zoya color lock system, it seriously works! I do my nails once a week & my manicure/pedicure lasts for 7 days (not joking). & I don't have a desk job, I sell mattresses & all week I am hauling mattresses around the store & loading them on trucks.  The Zoya system WORKS.  Seriously NO chipping.  Secondly I recommend the vitamin Biotin, you take it a few times a week.  It makes your nails & hair grow stronger.  The only time I break a nail is if I slam my hand somehow, which doesn't really happen (knock on wood) It did take about a month of taking it to see a difference.

Hope you get your dream nails!

LadyInWhite

More importantly, have you done a "Sephora by OPI 3 for $10" haul yet??

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I just bought some and am going to get more on Friday in store! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Just to throw it out there, if you're a nail fiend and are even CONSIDERING getting a gel manicure set....do it! It's such a great investment, opt for an LED light rather than a UV one if you can, they not only work faster (UV can take up to 1-2 minutes to cure polish while LED works in 30 seconds to a minute) but obviously you can avoid UV rays!

I've been using a gel top coat over my regular polish for the past couple of times I've painted my nails and each hand only takes 45 seconds to cure. Be sure the regular polish is 110% dry, if not, it can ripple and shrink under the gel and not fully set.

The kit I have is from Red Carpet Manicure (Ulta and Target carries it I believe), and their top coat is pretty nice. I've played with some of the Sephora OPI ones and they're thicker, so be sure to apply in thin coats, but because they're a bit thicker, they're also longer lasting!

arielaaaaaaaa

I've thought about trying other Gel Manicure brands. The Gelish brand did not work for me. In Cosmetology school my instructor would let me use her set and no matter how applied it would peel off my nails within a day or two. She did say maybe i have oily nail beds so it didn't take well. So i've been hesitant to buy. But i want to try the Sephora Brand!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That's funny because the Gelish brand is a loooooove of mine!!!!

Select shades in RCM peel right off for me (the red that comes in their starter set), but I do like the consistency of the top coat.

The light from them works real well too and it can be used for any brand of gel polish!

nebel

This is the most effective serum I've found for stronger nails- it *really* does an excellent job and made a big difference in my nailsswfupload_6175966450076699480.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • unblownkisses