kimmi1115

Playing Around with White Tips and Acrylic

And this time I'm the guinea pig lol.  I've done a couple of other manicures on me and my mom before this one.  This is my fourth time applying tips and acrylic.  I am still having difficulties with getting the right amount of liquid and powder, and applying it evenly.  However, I was able to buff it a better shine this time lol.  I still don't think I've found the right brush for me yet, if that makes any sense.  Due to its size, I don't feel like I have control of it.  The last time I was at Sally's a lady who does nails told me which brush to get to practice with, and she told me to cut the pointed tip of the brush so that it would be flat.  However, I'm not so sure if that was a good idea.

Frame 1.JPG

The thumb is from right hand, and the others are from my left hand.  For reference, I am a right handed person.  I took side views of the nails in order to kind of track consistency.

Frame 2.JPG

Other close ups of my left hand nails.  

IMG_0022.jpg

Shot of my entire hand.  I believe the cats approve of my nails because of their noggin' scratching ability lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Playing Around with White Tips and Acrylic

(0) Hearts

It can always be filed if it gets too thick!

lylysa

I like all your updates!!!! I think you're doing great on getting the texture more and more even,  the photo that Ariela posted below is a good gauge on where to get the acrylic to, any thicker than that and it goes into bubble nail territory >.<!

Kimmi tested, cats approved :smileytongue:!

kimmi1115

The bubble nails... lol...  The cats are going to expect everyone to have acrylic nails for scratching now, lol.

melissabt

Great job, Kimmi! For your second try these are amazing:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

Those look really really good Kimmi ! I don't think there is a nail design that you can't conquer.:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Thank you beautylovingirl and melissabt!  It's really fun to do, too!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my kimmi! Those look really really good! A good improvement from your last post. If there Is anything you still need help with or questions ill be glad to help.

arielaaaaaaaa

One more thing kimmi, your doing a fabulous job, but one more thing to keep in mind, when doing acryllics, if you want them to last, they need to be strong, and a sign of a strong nail is this. 

images.jpg

If you look close you can see at a side view, the acryllic is rounded in the middle, and thats what reinforces the acryllic so it doesn't break, it's so hard to get, i have trouble still getting this shape, a flat nail is prone to splitting, and thats no fun!! Continue to update us, i'd love to see how you further improve.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!  It looks the roundness/arch is at the stress point, and that's what I've been watching videos about lately.  I need to get the acrylic thicker, but I'm worried I'll apply it too thick lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
Photos4