kimmi1115

Paw Print French Tips

As Lylysa called this, a "Welcome Meat Head" manicure!  :smileyvery-happy:  Maybe I've taken Crazy Critter lady to a new level lol.  I haven't posted pictures of Meat Head on the other thread yet because I'm on my mom's laptop instead of mine.  Anyway, paw prints can never go out of style!

nails.jpg

Polishes Used:

China Glaze Inner Beauty

Essie Blanc

Sinful Colors Black on Black

It's So Easy Nails Stripe Rite polish in Glitter Blue

In order to do the paw prints, I used my smallest dotting tool.  For the main part of paw print, I dotted around in a circle to try to shape it.  They are all pretty different, but so are a person's finger prints.  I then topped it all off with my new top coat: Orly Sec n Dry.  Very good top coat!  And it is dog slobber proof! lol.

swanbeauty

Re: Paw Print French Tips

As always Kimmi, super cute!  Good luck with a great top coat.  I always use Orly's Won't Chip, and two coats does me good!  

kalex

Thanks for the top coat suggestion!  I'm actually going to the mall today so I'll swing into Sally's and grab it.  :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

If they can create a strong top coat like that, it would sell like crazy!  The closest thing I use that I consider bullet proof is the Cina Top Coat and Bonder from Sally's.  It's with the nail art pieces, decals, and rhinestones.  It's stronger than other top coats I've used since it can be used to apply rhinetstones and whatnot.  However, the downside is the dry timing.  After using a few different quick drying topcoats, I can be impatient with other top coats lol.

kalex

re - "Before you start applying your base coat and polish, do you clean your nails with a Q tip and nail polish remover to remove any natural oils, lotions, and whatnot?"

Always.  I think I just do too much around the house in a day.  All the picking up toys, rinsing dishes, baths, etc..  I'll need something bullet proof.  :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Paw prints are always fun!  Once you start playing with the nail tool, I believe you'll have fun with it.  I think they work better than toothpicks.

dianabt

How cute! I'd love to try something with paw prints! I FINALLY picked up a nail tool for $2 at a flea market so now I have no excuse to not do my nails. 

I love that blue stripe of glitter, reminds me of the 101 dalmations you did earlier!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

And the blue glitter matches because he's a boy!!!! ^_^ Cute, cute, cute, Kimmi! Love it!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you, lylysa!!  He somehow doesn't slobber all over my nails when I play with him lol.

kalex

Hey Kimmi -

My latest venture is Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat.  I had high hopes for it but it's no better than anything else I've tried.

My polish doesn't come off in big pieces - it always just starts chipping at the tips by the second day.  I swear I have tried every base and top coat under the sun but if you have any suggestions I'm all ears!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Before you start applying your base coat and polish, do you clean your nails with a Q tip and nail polish remover to remove any natural oils, lotions, and whatnot?  

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Have I mentioned how much I hate the online only access on some of the campus computers? lol.  Once again, I can't reply to each post.

@beautytester  I love anything with paw prints on it, too, including jewelry lol.  I feel silly, but I didn't know Sephora had a set of dotting tools!  I've not seen them at my nearby store.  If you're using the dotting tools, are you dipping them straight into the bottle of polish?  That may be why you're using too polish.  You may want to try dipping out some polish onto an index card a little bit at a time, and then dipping your dotting tool into the small puddle of polish.

@prettyinpa  Thank you!  I even showed it to Meat Head, but he just perked his ears and wagged his tail.  He was more interested in playing lol.

@kalex  Thanks!  What kind of top coat are you using, and is it chipping off in big pieces?

@Graceann  Thank you!  It actually survived the weekend playing with the dogs lol.

ChicDabbler

I do do it straight from the polish. Wouldn't it dry out super fast if I do it from index card?

kimmi1115

It will dry out quicker while out on the index card, but not super quick.  I just dip out a little bit at a time.  Depending on the formula/brand, you can  get at least a few nails done.  I think I may have used two puddles on the index card.

Graceann

CCCCUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!!!!!

kalex

Oh I wish I could do some of the things you post!  My nailpolish always chips the second day though so it's not worth the effort to do anything special.

The pawprints are so cute and I love the blue glitter stripe too!

prettyinpa

Yay, Meat Head mani!  This one is so cute, I really like the blue glitter stripe, it's unexpected, one would expect a solid line. You really have a flair for this!

ChicDabbler

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*cough* Sorry, I'm just a tad excited cuz I'm lovin' the paw prints (in case you can't tell).

Do you use the Sephora set of dotting tools? Maybe cuz I use too much polish, but any time I try any nail art, the layers feel too thick and don't last longer than 2-3 days without deteriorating around the edges. =/

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • swanbeauty