VintageCamellia

Opaque pastel pink/lavender nail polish recommendations?

I'm really annoyed with the formula on most pastel nail polishes and I love pastels. They're really sheer and take four or five coats for full opacity. Does anyone know why this is? Also, can someone recommend some pastel pink and lavender nail polishes that can get full opacity in two coats? I have an Orly pastel pink I really like that reaches opacity in two coats but I don't know the color of it, It doesn't say on the label :smileysad: 

Here are some pictures of the kind of color I'm looking for. 

upload_8276682542489007667.jpg

upload_8236793268880042688.jpg

upload_6444316249624941829.jpg

kbmatthews

Re: Opaque pastel pink/lavender nail polish recommendations?

(0) Hearts

I genuinely love the Formula X line. It's super opaque (even for the super light pastels) even after 1 coat, but 2 coats are better. 

Like Kevin said, Carnation is a great colour, but if you want a more lilac pastel, so is Radical: 

http://www.sephora.com/new-neutrals-P382113?skuId=1547173&icid2=FormulaX_LP_Colors_carousel_P382113_...

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

image.jpgHere is the new Lancome polish "Lilac Love" from the Spring collection. Great coverage! No streaks or bare spots. very  nice color, I am ready for Spring!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi VintageCamellia-

I suggest that you try the Sephora X in Potent - carnation pink. It's an amazing cool toned/white pastel pink. It looks more of a coral in the pic but, its really a white pink.  I recently did my nails with this and and one coat was enough! It's super pigmented.

potent.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/new-neutrals-P382113?skuId=1546837

<3 Melissa
HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Yes, Essie in French Affair is awesome!!!! I was going to post that!  I also like Essie's Go Ginza, which is slightly more pink and slightly lighter.

OPI Pandamoniom Pink is another opaque lilac-pink.  You can get it on Amazon.com

lmi82

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking that there was some label error with your polish. I did find an Orly nail polish with the numbers 20818, but it's part of the Galaxy FX Collection for Spring 2014. Plus it's a black base with red, blue, and white glitter, so that definitely isn't it.

You should check out swatches of Lollipop, Cupcake, Confetti, and Polo Princess to see if any of them match.

The only pastel polish I own is the Dolce and Gabbana Nail Lacquer in Lilac (soft lavender pearl). It's a really pretty soft lilac with a tiny bit of shimmer.

dolce-gabbana-lilac.jpg

Image: makeup and beauty blog.

Sarahsiobhan333

(0) Hearts

i love essie nail polishes there formulas are great there about the only nail polish ill use. i love this lavender color from essie called lilacism its just the perfect lavender also a pastel pink color ive tried is revlon pink chiffon pretty color but dosnt work the best. Here are some pinks from essie http://www.essie.com/Colors/Pinks.aspx

the ballet slippers (essie)  is a nice pink all thow i dont think its a pastel. 

BeautyLove02

aillamasquaharem.pngIllamasqua Harem <3

nikki

I like Essie's French Affair. It's a very pretty pastel light lilac with pink tones. It's pretty opaque for me after 2 coats. Using their top coat, I can get a week's wear with no chipping.

You can pick it up at Ulta. 

nikki

I bet a photo would be helpful...upload_8020043832298428022.jpg

BeautyLove02

Illamasqua Harem is THE perfect lavender/pink shade that lasts for about a week on me. It is amazing! I'll upload a picture of it in a minute...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • nikki
    • lmi82
    • melissabt
    • VintageCamellia
    • BeautyLove02
    • HelloCoffee