On the Hunt for Two Polish Shades

I have some nail art ideas that I would like to do soon, but I don't have the right polish shades.  Talk about first world problems lol.  I am looking for a margarita shade (yellow green) and a strawberry daiquiri shade (pinkish vibrant red).  Does anyone have any suggestions for shades like those?  I posted this on IG, too, so if it helps I have access to the following brands where I live:

various drugstore brands

China Glaze

Sally Girl

Nina (or whatever it is called at Sally's)

Sinful Colors

Ulta Brand

Sephora by OPI

Nails Inc.

Illamasque (or however it's spelled lol)

The nearby Sephora just started carrying the last four brands, so I don't know much about them besides their price.  However, for nail art purposes, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the bigger price tag.  The most expensive brand I've bought so far is Sephora by OPI, and you get a LOT of polish for the price.  I love lots of polish lol.

Re: On the Hunt for Two Polish Shades

(0) Hearts

Just a tip, if you want a color that you cant find for nail art, you can get Americana acrylic paints at the craft store and they look good just use a good base and top coat and you will have every color you ever need right there and affordably.

Thank you, lylysa!  I downloaded the OPI and China Glaze apps, and I found a green from China Glaze and ordered it today from eBay.  I'm still debating what pink! lol.  I tried finding OPI You're A Pisa Work on eBay, but the prices were too crazy.  

I really like the Sally Hansen one you just posted, and I also like OPI I Maine-ly Eat Lobster. I'll have to see if Walgreens or Walmart has the Sally Hansen one, and look at the prices of the OPI one.

(0) Hearts

Drugstore dot com has You're a Pisa Work for $8, and Amazon has I Maine-ly Eat Lobster for $8 too!

Back to add more!

Sally Hansen Get Juiced, a strawberry/watermelon daiquiri color

Sally Hansen Lickedy Split Lime, more green compared the OPI Nicki Minaj color below, that one has more of a yellow to it

OPI I'm All Ears, definitely a more pink toned, daiquiri shade, with shimmer

OPI You're a Pisa Work, similar to I'm All Ears but a creme formula, no shimmer

OPI I Mainly Eat Lobster, more of a pinky, coral red, it definitely has that "watermelon daiquiri" effect, it's more a creme finish with a subtle hint of shimmer

OPI Did It On Em, it's from the Nicki Minaj collection, but it's a pretty vibrant lime color and a creme formula

That's what I can pull up off the bat...check out Polisholic's blog, it's where I go, her photos and reviews are clear and concise and she gives different views of the polishes in different light. I believe you can sort through her posts by colors and brand too!

You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
  • swfupload_2011619715661248473.jpg
  • swfupload_5517191942081030150.png
  • swfupload_135843467403695004.jpg
  • swfupload_6596752000757849824.jpg
  • swfupload_3195974092220938366.jpg
  • swfupload_1272079953692454671.jpg