swanbeauty

Ombre nails! I love it!

[ Edited ]

So, I have been playing with all the new ideas for doing nailpolish (curse that pintrest board).  I came across the sponging technique to get an ombre effect.  I picked two pretty safe colors for my first try... but was looking for some unusual combinations (but still pretty).  Any suggestions?

This was my first try:

sponge nail polish.jpg

Edit:  Oh, I forgot the colors!  Essie Muchi, Muchi and Essi Plumberry

lylysa

Re: Ombre nails! I love it!

I love how vibrant it is! Good color choice!

swanbeauty

thanks lylysa!!

kimmi1115

Pretty!!  I'm with beautytester, if it's just two colors you can pretty much do whatever you want.  Another thing that is fun to do is use a matte topcoat over the gradient, especially if you use polishes that contain some shimmer.  It ends up looking like satin.  Here's one that I uploaded to here during the summer:

4.jpg

What do you on your cuticles?  Some of mine are tough, and it's hard to get them pushed back as far others.

swanbeauty

(0) Hearts

Beautiful examples!!  Gosh, I don't do anything to my cuticles! I am totally no help here....

makeupobesessed

Very pretty ladies!!!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

If it's 2 colors, you can pick pretty much anything. If it's 3 colors, any color in the same family or close to it will work (green/blue/purple, yellow/orange/red) or any classic pattern (camo: gray, green, brown. Seaside sunset: blue, bronze/orange, and either green or reddish orange).

I don't have a spong and was too lazy, so I just used a solid blue polish, then a sheer/med purple on top. Applied directly to nails, but multiple coats of purple towards the end for the gradient effect. (pfft, the only clear pic I can get of it with my phone is of my pinky, so here it is).

2012-10-16 21.52.15.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kimmi1115
    • lylysa
    • swanbeauty
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed