houseofdiorxo

OPI vs. Essie??

Hey girls,

Just wondering what your favorite nail polish company is? I absolutely adore the Essie packaging and I think the colors are so cute! The polish goes on very well for me, but I've read some reviews of how some think it is streaky. OPI has the reputation of being one of the best. But, when I used their polish the other day, the paint chipped two days later!

What are some of your favorites?? xx come-to-poppy-opi-nail-polish.jpg.pngDSC_1109.JPG

LadyInWhite

Re: OPI vs. Essie??

"Polish Off"  I see what you did there . . . lol.

helpful

(0) Hearts

I prefer Essie- I love their colors and think it goes on much smoother. I also love Butter London. :smileyhappy:

msmisty

In theory, I want to love Essie. Lots of wonderful shades and the bottles are so chic. In practice, I really really dislike Essie. Many of the shades have been so streaky and difficult to work with. OPI has had some really good shades but they seem repetitive, I like Sephora OPI. I think butter london has the best polish formula I have ever used but they lack when it comes to color selection (for me, for now).
lylysa

(0) Hearts

I'm a fan of BL too! Their price range is what stops me from just splurging on shade after shade, but the few that I do have I'm very happy with. I like their formulas, they're nice solid 2 coaters for me (at least the shades I have are), and I'm a huge fan of their Horse Power nail treatment, I've found it to be one of the few nail conditioners/strengtheners that actually work!

lylysa

P.S. Both those colors look amazing! I'm a bit more partial to the Essie one as the creme finish looks more chic to me compared to the OPI with a hint of shimmer.

What shades are they?

houseofdiorxo

OPI- "Come to Poppy"

Essie- "Punchy Pink 694"

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

lylysa

I find that Essie is more favorable for pale pinks, neutrals, and softer shades while OPI offers a full range of the color scheme. Essie also has less selection in terms of finishes to me, but I loved their luxe top coats.

OPI puts out a lot of dupes in my opinion as they're constantly cycling through collections so fast.

I don't really see much of a difference in terms of wear. I'm pretty rough on my nails/hands, so anything that can last more than two days is a miracle in my book and if it can last even longer than whooohooo!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • niki24
    • mangosong
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • tclack
    • malday