OPI Liquid Sand Polish

Although it's not nail art, I wanted to share this with you all.  We have all seen the various brands of shatter/crackle polishes, and now it seems like OPI has been inspired by the different Ciate manicures.  I saw this at Ulta the other day, so I decided to buy one while they were in stock.  The Liquid Sand polish is another texturized type of polish.

In the bottle, it looks like a jelly base glitter polish.  When you apply it to your nails, it looks like a jelly polish with bright burgundy glitter in it.  However, it dries to a matte, grainy finish.  For the picture, I had to use the flash on my camera in order to try to capture the true burgundy color.  Without the flash, it looks black.

OPI Liquid Sand polish in Stay The Night (I hope the picture is not as small as it looks in the text editor)

liquid sands.jpg

The concept of it is cool, but it's kind of messy to apply.  I think the brush for the polish needs to be smaller.

Do you all think this will take off and spread like wild fire like the Shatter and Crackle polishes?

Re: OPI Liquid Sand Polish

(0) Hearts

I've tried the Liquid Sand and Zoya's Pixie Dust.  I actually prefer the Zoya polishes partially because of the colors (there's a beautiful nude that looks like sparkly sand on your nails that is 100% office appropriate- unlike the Mariah Carey shades!), and I also found them to be less rough but still textured.

I'm impressed with how (relatively) easy these can be removed.

(0) Hearts

Personally i love my glossy/smooth formula and i can't let it go; so i think its a cool idea of "sand" type formula polish.., but i would not wear it. I rather wear glitter polish. I have seen them at Ulta and tried it out - did not like it.. Its a total miss for me :smileysad:

(0) Hearts

i got can't let go in my glossybox, but i'm super interested in the other shades, like this one!! I love glitter polishes, and this just seems like a cooler glitter polish to me! I don't think this will be a big thing though.. .who knows! 

I've been wearing these all week. I bought the sampler set at Ulta. I love them!  They wear like iron, which surprised me. I thought they would chip easily because you can't use a topcoat with them. But they wear extremely well. Nt for everyone, but I love the matte, rough texture. I've received a ton of compliments, the black and purple are my favorites. 

(0) Hearts

I didn't know Ulta had a sampler set!  I love mini polish sets! lol.

(0) Hearts

It does have a bumpy, grainy texture to it.  You may be able to smooth it a bit with a couple layers of a good topcoat, but that would also get rid of the matte effect unless you used a matte top coat.  However, too much of a matte top coat may diminish the original look of the polish.

Does it have a really bumpy feel to It? I have the glitter nail polish from nails inc, but I can't stand the super bumpy texture feeling. I really like the color, but I think the texture might drive me loco!

I can't decide if I like it or not! I love the shade, and it looks gorgeous on you, but I despise the feeling of bubbled nail polish - and this looks like bubbling gone wild.

I need to think about it. Hehe, but that's just my opinion.

I am wearing that exact polish right now! At first I thought I would hate the texture, but it has definitely grown on me! A new way of doing polish 

It is cool looking! It has a nice matte finish. I think it would be good for the winter time.

<3 Melissa

It will take off if they see your version of it. :smileyhappy: It looks really good. Once again well done Ms. Thang:smileytongue:

(0) Hearts

lol it took a bit of clean up cause of the brush, but I kind of wish I went with the blue or coral shade lol.

Thanks for sharing! I like this polish, it looks almost nicer than the fuzzy velvet/sand one I previously saw.. I like those cool textured polishes, I'm curious to see what the next super trend is! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts

Have you seen photos of the OPI Spotted polish?  It looks awesome, but it's limited at the moment.  :smileysad:

[ Edited ]

Ooh, I love the look!  I haven't seen this polish yet, I don't shop the polish aisle much in the winter, sort of forget my toe polish if my feet are in socks and boots all winter. lol. Maybe I'll get some for my birthday.

I bet this does take off, it looks like it won't show chips or surface dullness after a couple of days.

Thanks for posting!

(0) Hearts

For the days I wore it, it did not chip!  In order to keep the matte finish, I had to skip my usual top coat.  I wasn't sure how it would last without the top coat, but I was quite surprised!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
Photos1
  • liquid sands.jpg