swanbeauty

New nail art brushes...

So, I bought some nail art brushes, and tried to do SOMETHING with them.... the first pic was my first attempt, but that lasted two minutes, before I took it off... Ugg..

The second pic was what I ended up with... some type of fire design for the fall...  It turned out ok.  Not too bad for my first tries!!stripes nails.jpg

fire nails.jpg

kimmi1115

Re: New nail art brushes...

Very pretty!  I've looked at those same brushes at Sally's Beauty Supply.  I almost bought them last time I was there, but I ended up going with an individual brush, files, and Stripe Rite polishes.  If you want to practice using them, but don't want to have to take polish off all the time on your nails, you may want to pick up a pack of nail wheels.  You can find a pack of ten (?) for around five bucks at Sally's.  Each wheel has about 18 nails. 

swanbeauty

Thanks Kimmi for the heads up on the nail wheels!  Good idea...

kimmi1115

You're welcome!  They're very handy to use for practice or swatching colors to see how they look together.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

That looks great! The flames and fire make me think of the Hunger Games!  Super fancy and detailed I love it! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Swanbeauty,

I love the 2nd pic you posted... Very professional & super fancy!  You have great nails too :smileyhappy:  Cant wait to see more nail looks :smileyhappy:  

xo, Mia

delightfulflame

Nice!

What kind of nail art brushes? Is this more your skill or brush? Trying to figure out if I should even bother trying...

swanbeauty

@delightfulflame this is totally has to do with my skill level.  This was the first time I have ever tried painting on my nails, and the first time I tried any of these brushes.  

I used nail art brushes by ASP, and the quality is not that great, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on something I wasn't sure I would be good at...

nail brushes.jpg

melissabt

Wow that looks amazing! Very Fancy, it looks really cool and unique

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kimmi1115