New Acrylic and Nail Art

kimmi1115

New Acrylic and Nail Art

I decided to go ahead and post this since I may not be on the computer tomorrow.  I tried a new brand of acrylic and powder: IBD.  I like it much better than the ASP liquid and powder.  During application, I had a few problems with the new Beauty Secrets brush I got at Sally's.  Thank goodness it was on sale.  It shed quite a bit, and it gunked up quickly.  I don't know if I picked up a bad brush or what.  Oh well.  Despite the brush, it was easier to attempt to build up the stress point with the IBD acrylic.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

A while after, I went in for the nail art! lol.  I decided to do an angled played up french manicure (does it even have a formal name? lol) with stripes and glitter.

frame nails.JPG

Products used:

OPI Teal the Cows Come Home (lightest blue)

OPI Into the Night (dark blue stripes)

Sally Hansen Gem Crush blue glitter

Orly quick drying top coat

kimmi1115

Re: New Acrylic and Nail Art

Thanks!  Cinderella gone wild, love that!  :smileyvery-happy:  I would love just to see what a fancy nail salon is like!  There isn't really one like that around here; mainly smaller salons and the ones in Walmart.  

dianabt

walmart has nail salons? then again, the nearest walmart to me is a good 45 minute drive or more. :smileysad: I have nail salons in my entire neighborhood, 3 within just 5 blocks of each other! Since I do my nails so much myself I hardly go but I've seen some REAL fancy ones downtown! Also a good arm and a leg in price! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

It's scary to think Walmart has nail salons, well, the Super Center Walmarts do at least.  The one where I live is called Regal nails.  I think most of the ones in Walmart are called Regal nails.  I know the hair salons are pretty much the same in them.  The one where I live looks kinda....well...sketchy lol.  I looked at their polish rack in passing, and I didn't recognize any of the brands.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • lylysa