kimmi1115

New Acrylic and Nail Art

I decided to go ahead and post this since I may not be on the computer tomorrow.  I tried a new brand of acrylic and powder: IBD.  I like it much better than the ASP liquid and powder.  During application, I had a few problems with the new Beauty Secrets brush I got at Sally's.  Thank goodness it was on sale.  It shed quite a bit, and it gunked up quickly.  I don't know if I picked up a bad brush or what.  Oh well.  Despite the brush, it was easier to attempt to build up the stress point with the IBD acrylic.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

A while after, I went in for the nail art! lol.  I decided to do an angled played up french manicure (does it even have a formal name? lol) with stripes and glitter.

frame nails.JPG

Products used:

OPI Teal the Cows Come Home (lightest blue)

OPI Into the Night (dark blue stripes)

Sally Hansen Gem Crush blue glitter

Orly quick drying top coat

Meg82

Re: New Acrylic and Nail Art

Those are gorgeous.  As others have said, I would totally come to you to do my nails if you went pro.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

That SH glitter is gorgeous!!!! And I'm really liking how the acrylic isn't crazy thick, it's just right!!! Or at least to my tastes! It looks natural and the nail art is super playful!

kimmi1115

Thanks!  And I can't remember what the glitter shade is.  It came in a mini four pack that I got for Christmas.  Companies need to put shade names on mini bottles, too.

crayzeeRN

Seriously! It is a major pet peeve of mine when I buy the mini OPI collections and then weeks later have no idea what shade I'm using!

Love the nails Kimmi!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  And it is especially hard to remember shade names if they're the length of a sentence lol.  I try to hold on to mini set boxes, but some of them end up in the trash.

lylysa

I know!!!!! Or when the sticker with the name wears off! >.< Grrrrr!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

That is super annoying, too.  :smileymad:     Along with the text being insanely small.  I have excellent vision, but some of the text sizes are ridiculous.  

janinebt

Looks good Kimmi! You're just getting better and better with your acrylics! Can't wait to see what sort of magic you come up with next.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

Gosh these look great!! They even have the nice roundness in the stress point!! Ahh i'm so happy you have gotten sooo good!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!  For building around the stress point, is it best to switch to a different size of brush for that step?

arielaaaaaaaa

I never switched brushes, but it might be a technique that works, To get the roundness i usually build it up right there and then use the file smooth it out.

kimmi1115

I think I need to stop being afraid to add more acrylic to it since it can always be filed down lol.  My brush just needs to stop gunking up so easily.  It drives me nuts lol.

starletta8

Looks great!  You've made such progress in such little time with your acrylics skills, Kimmi!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I think the brand of acrylic powder and liquid has made a major difference.  The ASP was always runny no matter what.

prettyinpa

Oooh, I just love the spotting and tiger-type striping!  So very cute and summery!  I second Diana's suggestion and I would seriously think of having you do my nails if you go professional when I go to Dollywood. (On my bucket list). I also want to go to Nashville and see the Grand Old Opry, just for fun.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

If I've got the license by that time, just let me know! lol  Dollywood is so much fun, and there are so many things to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in general.

Titian06

Hi, Kimmi!  Wow, these acrylic nails look really good!  I love blue, and the design is great.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I almost thought about using gray and black to match my cat's stripes lol.

dianabt

OOOOH Very pretty! I love that blue leopard look and the sparkles! It makes me think of a Cinderella gone wild lol, how fun! The nails are coming along really nicely- Kimmi if you ever decide to not get into teaching you have to work in a fancy nail salon! I would totally come to you! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • janinebt