notcreative

Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Anyone see this Consumer Reports study that tested 10 different polishes including a $2 one from Walgreens called Sinful Colors and the $27 one from Chanel?  Of course there were eight in between.  Any guesses on the results.  The $2 one came out on top while the Chanel finished in last place.  As a nail polish enthusiast, I wanted to pass along the news.  I am going to pick one up and give it a try.  That is so cheap that it is not breaking a no buy, right?  

lylysa

Re: Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

(0) Hearts

I've been an avid fan of Wet N' Wild's Black Creme #424 nail polish for years!

It's a great formula, easy to build, not thick/clump and definitely not thin and watery. It's 99 cents and the best cheap thrill you can get for polish. I've gone through bottles of that stuff! 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I will definitely look into that shade when it is time for me to try the Wet N Wild polish.  Thanks for the tip.  If I like the shadow, I may as well give the polish a try.  Now, I just got to try the shadow sometime soon.

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

I've had a couple Wet and Wild neutral trios over the years and I always liked each one. They are great for the price. 

chlotam

(0) Hearts

Wet and Wild makes some awesome eyeshadows. They might be cheap but they are beautifully pigmented, soft and buttery. Seriously usury quality.

<3 Chloe

notcreative

(0) Hearts

The eyeshadow palette I bought looks nice.  I really need to get around to trying it.  It's just that I wear makeup so rarely and I have so much.  There are still so many I own that I have never touched.  I will try it (soon hopefully).

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

LOL, I remember reading that post, soo cute! But I started off with Wet n Wild polishes. They chipped like a bag of BBQ Lays..

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Haha.  I may hold off for a little while then.  Now, I want Lays, but I do not have any.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Honey BBQ Lays!!

I'm on a cut down on junk food time out... :smileysad:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I am trying to do that myself.  For me, I find it easier to calorie restrict rather than junk food restrict.  That way, I can still enjoy my occasional junk food.  Instead of eating the entire snack bag of Lays as I usually would, I try to eat 8-10 and give the rest to my kiddos (plus one of my kiddos is still underweight and can use the extra calories).  It is working for me so far.  My husband is good at completely eliminating junk food when he goes strict, but it is harder for me.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Lol, I find the easiest way to cut down on junk food is to not buy it at all.. I am the only one in the house that buys all the goodies, the folks buy the healthy stuff, so if I stop, NO ONE GETS ANY!

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have to buy some junk food, because I have two little ones  (7 and almost 3) in the house.  They eat a lot of healthy food too, but I think kids deserve a little junk food as well.  Plus, my younger son is underweight.  If he only ate the healthy food, he would never gain.  His nutritionist suggested we add butter to everything, which we did.  However, he still was not gaining a lot of weight.  He started gaining weight when I started buying more junk food.  I am getting better at resisting the kids' junk food though.  

My older son is thin as well, although he is always in the 15th-25th percentiles, so he is not underweight.  He will only drink milk or water, NOTHING else.  I have to give him occasional junk food, because we know he is not drinking any calories.  We limit his milk too, because although he loves it, he has a very slight allergy to it.  The Dr. said he could still have some in moderation, but whenever he consumes too much, his sleep apnea acts up.  We limit him to 1-2 glasses a day.  If he has cereal in the morning, he can only have one more serving of milk that day.  I know it is strange to give him milk, but he loves it so much.  The Dr. also thinks giving him small amounts could help him overcome the allergy all together.  Of course, there is no science behind that, but we keep monitoring him.  He is allergic to a lot of things so his diet is difficult, while my younger son is allergic to nothing.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I tried to go no a "healthy junk" food trial, it did not work out too well. We got a bag of veggie sticks from Costco and it was so bland. LOL, I'm sorry to laugh but the nutritionist actually suggested to add butter to everything! I would personally use a slice of bacon instead of butter.

My whole family is lactose intolerant. Last time I had milk, I had the worst stomach cramps. Its funny, just recently, my uncle was telling me how his "new" milk that his wife bought taste better than "regular" milk, and I asked him why. Turns out, she bought whole fat milk. So according to one of the pickiest eaters  I know, whole milk tastes really good.

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

That is funny.  I only buy whole, organic milk ever since my kids started drinking it.  We do not drink nearly enough to justify buying different kinds, and my kids need the milk fat.  Prior to that, I used to buy 2% (sometimes not even organic) and agree with your Uncle that whole milk tastes better.  I am not a huge milk fan though, so I barely drink it alone.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I never actually had organic milk because I heard from people that it is more pungent in smell. I only buy Lactaid milk now or lactose free milk. Gotta have my morning bowl of Captn Crunch and something to dunk my oreos in.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Organic milk almost always tastes better than regular milk.  It only smells pungent if it has gone bad, but regular milk does that as well.  

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Interesting... But I am still lactose intolerant...... It really sucks cause I have to get soy everything from coffee places and get charged extra.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

That stinks. I do not like coffee, but it hardly seems fair to charge more. We do not buy soy anything, because my husband does not want our boys consuming anything that has high estrogenic properties. He stays on top of all of that medical research. They are not allowed to use anything with lavender in it either. There are others, but I cannot remember them all. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Girl, my sophomore year of college was a beast. I have classes from 8AM-7PM. Coffee pulled me through, and last year, my papers kept piling up on top of each other. I actually wished coffee places would offer a lactose free option without an extra charge especially since lactose intolerance is not uncommon.

What is wrong with lavender? I heard that it is good for keeping cats away. My neighbor's cats love to do their business in my yard where I like to air dry clothes!

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Lavender has estrogenic properties. I do not know the science because I do not read all of the boring crap my husband does. I just know too much estrogen is bad for men in general (but especially growing boys). 

My senior year of college was the worst. I did 18 credits in fall 18 in Spring plus 9 in the summer. I did all of that while working full time. I had no life at all that year. It was awesome when it was over. I survived on Pepsi. That was back when I could drink as much as I wanted of it without gaining any weight. That is no longer the case, so I mostly drink water now. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Interesting......... lavender has estrogenic properties.  I was never a fan of sodas... one every now and then is alright with me, but I rather drink water. Imagined how much money my parents saved when other kids asked for soda and I was satisfied with water.

sp2001

lol! money is no object for me, sometimes they even have a buy two get one free, so you get three polishes for only 200 bucks, pretty sweet deal

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 116 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • nikki
    • friedrice
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler