Urbie

Nail Polish Remover?

So, what is everyone's favorite polish remover?  I'm looking for suggestions because my nails have been peeling like crazy, and I'm guessing my polish remover has something to do with it.  It's a never ending cycle because my polish chips quickly because of the peeling, and then it gets dried out even more from the remover.  Help!

gogreyhound

Re: Nail Polish Remover?

This is one product that I could not care less about. The cheaper the better, I say. There is no such thing as a "conditioning" remover. I use non-acetone ones, but otherwise its the 1.00 kind from the drugstore. I would rather spend my money on the fun stuff! Polishes, makeup, skin care, everything else!

yazmin

(0) Hearts

I agree! The cheaper the better :smileyhappy: I bought Sally's remover the big bottle for like $5 and I also bought a small bottle from the drugstore and I will pour it into the smaller bottle, so that I can have it out. 

bethany1217

(0) Hearts

I think Julep's remover does well at removing glitter polish.

I use a cotton round and place it on the nail for about 20 seconds and it comes off reasonably well.

Sorry for a general reply to the question. I can't figure out how to directly reply to a question below.

jennjenn123

I don't have a favorite and buy whatever is least expensive when I'm at the store.  However, I will NOT buy pure acetone remover as it is so drying; I've used pure acetone with a friend at her place, and even though it removes polish very easily, it is very harsh on the nails.  I don't go as far as to use acetone free remover because I don't think it works as well.

yazmin

(0) Hearts

I used Pure Acetone also at a friends house, I wanted to try some of her polishes and she handed me a cotton with acetone I didn't see what it was until I started taking my polish off I noticed my nails were white from dryness, they were horrible, they felt horrible and it was until she started taking of her polish is that I saw the bottle and it said Pure Acetone, I of course didn't say anything because everyone has their preferences but I would not do Pure Acetone, Anything else is fine, the cheaper the better. 

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

I use pure acetone by Onyx.

chupi

The Josie Maran has oils in it. You just need a lot of extra elbow grease with it. 

I also am a fan of Butter London. It's as effective as one with acetone.

Are you swiping white vinegar over your nails before you polish? I read that online and started doing it. Now my polish lasts for a week.

Urbie

(0) Hearts

Oh, good tip about the vinegar.  I usually swipe with polish remover, but that's a great natural (possibly less drying) solution!

aviscardi

Zoya is my favorite. i bought the pump size for $10 to try it, and now i just buy the gallon size to refill and that lasts me about a year

puppytia

No ideas on the polish remover, but to address the peeling, you might ask your doctor if you can take Biotin capsules.  They make both my nails and hair grow incredibly fast and much healthier.

Urbie

(0) Hearts

Thanks puppytia- I do already take biotin, which is a wonder supplement!!

floridab

Zoya works great for me, also I've used Butter London , both can be purchased at Ulta.  The Sephora polish remover that has the sponge in it works great if you want to remove polish on a smeared nail.  You won't have to use a cotton pad that will smear your other nails. 

bad823

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the mention of Zoya, I will check it out.  Can this be bought in store  (Ulta) or online?  

I use OPI remover, it does a good job on regular polish, glitter, not so much for me, I have to rub, rub, rub.  

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I buy it from Zoya's website. I know that Ulta carries it, as well - I think in-store stock varies from store to store. 

bethany1217

Julep nail polish remover, hands down.

It removes all kinds off polish pretty effortlessly, and it doesn't dry out my nails.

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I just became a Maven, so maybe I will be able to add it on in a future box for cheap!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Julep does pretty good, I just don't like the smell

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

How does the Julep polish remover work on glitter nail polish? I just became a Maven so I will be looking into buying more Julep products, but I haven't tried the polish remover yet.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

I use a drug store polish remover the one with less acetone (or acetone free) and for stubborn glitter polished I normally use something stronger.

I also have tried Josie Maran nail polish remover - I liked it - one circle pad is enough to remove all polish.

I also would recommend - to drink a lot of water, use  hand/nails cream, also  may be get some nail vitamins or nail strengthener (ex: OPI Nail Envy - Original)

chupi

(0) Hearts

I have to use like 8 pads! I love it, I just find that I have to use a paper towel as an abrasive with it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • chupi
    • pearlgirl7
    • aviscardi
    • bethany1217
    • puppytia