Nail Designs

I'm new here and just wanted to show some designs that I've done in the past. I've also taken a request at one point. I wasn't able to find all the designs I've kept a tab on but here are the ones I was able to find

nails1.jpgThis was a design for a TV show called Motorcity that my friend is a major fan of. She asked if I could do an interpretation of a car and this is what I came up with. Has anyone ever done requests?

nails2.jpgThis design was to go with my nude/black colorblock formal dress for my winter formal in Jan. 2012

nails3.jpgThis design was when I felt a bit whimsical. I had a lot of difficulty with the black thin tip for the design as it was old an was drying up. I've long since replaced it. I hope to become a more active member of this forum. If anyone has any requests I would be glad to try them Smiley Happy

Re: Nail Designs

I was actually just looking at some new nail designs to try and i found these two which i really want to try so I thought you might like em Smiley Happy I love changing up my nails all the time and ive found that using a gel home kit makes all my designs last ALOT longer, if I spend that long on my nails I really want to be able to show em off for longer Smiley Tongue0349d508a3913c06e61ebf6eea8e2a0e.jpg1a28a2c4662e7e00196a7b0fc408d6ea.jpg

(0) Hearts

I will definitely try the colorblocked ones since i dont own any nail art accessories. Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

cool! thanks Smiley Happy

by the way since you mentioned you are new here, welcome to the world of sephora! Smiley Happy 

(0) Hearts

thank you Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Here is another cool one you might like to try. Mirror Nails It kind of reminds me of a wedding like theme nail even though it's more metallic than anything else. But I think they are really cool. I find these on Pinterest also. Smiley Happy tumblr_mjgepqrxXH1qew0tyo1_500.jpg

(0) Hearts

YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I totally have everything you need to do this and Ima make it HAPPEN.

I have the silver chrome effect nailpolish from Leyla tough it's hard to get the mirror to look as mirror-y as this one. And I have matte top coat. Do you think that'd do it?

(0) Hearts

It should. Try it and show us! I'd do a base coat, then the polish coats, then matte top coat, and then a clear top coat at the tips. Maybe there's an easier method? Lol

(0) Hearts

So gorgeous looking!  I cannot wait to attempt an effect like this.

(0) Hearts

How do you get the mirror part so ... mirror-like? Is it foil? I love foils but I can't figure out how to get them to last, or to apply well.

It kind of looks like the polish was metallic to begin with and that a matte topcoat was used on the bottom portion. I've done this with regular black polish before.

I have a request/idea for a nail design for you Smiley Happy it's supposedly really in right now and I've also noticed it on pinterest and you can switch it up by color altering for creativity...color block your nails!  & no I did not do this to my nails I am not that talented I found it on pinterest...Guilty me. however I think someone who is able to do nails (unlike me I am too shaky with all my coffee consumption) should try this! so I thought I would show you the picture if you wanted to give it a shot for a new idea and then you can also post it on the site after you want if you want Smiley Happy 58000df9ae18a69692de95d2251402ff.jpg

love the design i'll definitely try it within the week with my own variations Smiley Happy i'll private message you and then post it

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
Photos7
  • nails1.jpg
  • nails2.jpg
  • nails3.jpg
  • 58000df9ae18a69692de95d2251402ff.jpg
  • tumblr_mjgepqrxXH1qew0tyo1_500.jpg