jnjenn2166

Nail Designs

I'm new here and just wanted to show some designs that I've done in the past. I've also taken a request at one point. I wasn't able to find all the designs I've kept a tab on but here are the ones I was able to find

nails1.jpgThis was a design for a TV show called Motorcity that my friend is a major fan of. She asked if I could do an interpretation of a car and this is what I came up with. Has anyone ever done requests?

nails2.jpgThis design was to go with my nude/black colorblock formal dress for my winter formal in Jan. 2012

nails3.jpgThis design was when I felt a bit whimsical. I had a lot of difficulty with the black thin tip for the design as it was old an was drying up. I've long since replaced it. I hope to become a more active member of this forum. If anyone has any requests I would be glad to try them :smileyhappy:

7nicole3

Re: Nail Designs

I was actually just looking at some new nail designs to try and i found these two which i really want to try so I thought you might like em :smileyhappy: I love changing up my nails all the time and ive found that using a gel home kit makes all my designs last ALOT longer, if I spend that long on my nails I really want to be able to show em off for longer :smileytongue:0349d508a3913c06e61ebf6eea8e2a0e.jpg1a28a2c4662e7e00196a7b0fc408d6ea.jpg

jnjenn2166

(0) Hearts

I will definitely try the colorblocked ones since i dont own any nail art accessories. Thanks for the suggestion! :smileyvery-happy:

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

cool! thanks :smileyhappy:

WhereYouStand

by the way since you mentioned you are new here, welcome to the world of sephora! :smileyhappy: 

jnjenn2166

(0) Hearts

thank you :smileyhappy:

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

Here is another cool one you might like to try. Mirror Nails It kind of reminds me of a wedding like theme nail even though it's more metallic than anything else. But I think they are really cool. I find these on Pinterest also. :smileyhappy: tumblr_mjgepqrxXH1qew0tyo1_500.jpg

krunce

(0) Hearts

YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I totally have everything you need to do this and Ima make it HAPPEN.

I have the silver chrome effect nailpolish from Leyla tough it's hard to get the mirror to look as mirror-y as this one. And I have matte top coat. Do you think that'd do it?

malday

(0) Hearts

It should. Try it and show us! I'd do a base coat, then the polish coats, then matte top coat, and then a clear top coat at the tips. Maybe there's an easier method? Lol

bgirling

(0) Hearts

So gorgeous looking!  I cannot wait to attempt an effect like this.

iamaprettylady

(0) Hearts

How do you get the mirror part so ... mirror-like? Is it foil? I love foils but I can't figure out how to get them to last, or to apply well.

malday

It kind of looks like the polish was metallic to begin with and that a matte topcoat was used on the bottom portion. I've done this with regular black polish before.

WhereYouStand

I have a request/idea for a nail design for you :smileyhappy: it's supposedly really in right now and I've also noticed it on pinterest and you can switch it up by color altering for creativity...color block your nails!  & no I did not do this to my nails I am not that talented I found it on pinterest...Guilty me. however I think someone who is able to do nails (unlike me I am too shaky with all my coffee consumption) should try this! so I thought I would show you the picture if you wanted to give it a shot for a new idea and then you can also post it on the site after you want if you want :smileyhappy: 58000df9ae18a69692de95d2251402ff.jpg

jnjenn2166

love the design i'll definitely try it within the week with my own variations :smileyhappy: i'll private message you and then post it

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • malday
    • 7nicole3
    • krunce
    • WhereYouStand
    • iamaprettylady
    • bgirling