kimmi1115

Magenta and Purple Water Marble

It's been a while since I've water marbled my nails, so I decided to for a purple theme contest on Instagram.  I also used one of the first Indie/homemade polishes I purchased off of Etsy!  I've seen a lot of Indie polishes on Instagram, and one of the people I follow started making some.  I'm beyond amazed with it!

Purple Galaxy Frame.jpg

I did the water marble a bit different this time around. 

• Basecoat: Bridge the Ridge
  • First, I applied two coats of China Glaze's Caribbean Temptation (magenta).
  • After allowing it to dry, I used China Glaze's Coconut Kiss and a Spoiled nail polish for the water marbling.  Since the Spoiled polish came out very sheer/invisible in the water, it allowed spaces in the purple rings so that Coconut Kiss was being marbled over Caribbean Temptation. 
  • Once the water marble work was dry enough, I applied the glitter Atomic Polish in Bowie in Space over it. 
  • Finally, I sealed it with my Seche Vite top coat.

I think it came out looking like a purple galaxy lol.

projulie

Re: Magenta and Purple Water Marble

wow! You are so talented. I always try to do something cool with my nails and fail. I love the color! Purple is my favorite color so I'm always looking for ideas to make it interesting. Thanks for sharing your art and how-to in creating it.

Good luck with the contest.

melissabt

It looks awesome kimmi! I think this is my favorite look out of all the ones that you have done. I love the placement of the stars. I haven't tried water marbling yet. I checked out a youtube video and it seems like it takes practice. Great job:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
dianabt

Very pretty and super cosmic-girly ish! I still have yet to try water marbling on my polishes! I just got my nails done though sooo I may have to wait a few days :smileyhappy:

I love the extra touch of the silver stars and how the purple and magenta swirled looks like a far away galaxy! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
geminibreeze

WOW Kimmi! I looooove it! That looks so sharp! And it does look like a galaxy! Very cool!

janinebt

Nice! I'm so bad when it comes to water marbling, which is frustrating because I love the results :smileysad:. The Bowie in Space polish was a great touch, I may have to add a bottle to my collection, I like that stars were incorporated into the formula.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

Thanks everyone!  :smileyhappy:

@janinebt  Did you use water straight from the tap?  If the water is too hot or cold, it won't work out right.  It's best to use room temperature distilled water.  An ingredient in the polish must be sensitive to temperature or something. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kimmi1115
    • geminibreeze
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • janinebt
    • projulie