sylvania1210

Lengthening and Strengthening Nail Products

Hi Y'all,

I have very weak and short nails and I was looking for nail products to lengthen and strengthen my nails but I can't decide! Any suggestions?

Cat588

Re: Lengthening and Strengthening Nail Products

I've been using Essie's All In One base (it's a basecoat, strengthener and top coat) and I absolutley love it!!! I had a lot of problems with my nails chipping because I have to type a lot during the day. I put the base/strengthener/top on last Saturday (I put 2 coats for base, 2 layers of nail polish, then 1 top coat) and so far no chips. My nails feel really strong too. I highly recommend this product!

krunce

(0) Hearts

My little sister just bought this garlic basecoat at a Beauty World and says it's making a big difference in her nail health.

I just grabbed one of the NailTek line. They also have strengtheting Foundation (/basecoat) polishes that I'm trying out right now.

kimmi1115

I know what you mean about not being able to decide.  There are so many products!  It may take a single product to get what you want, or it may take a combination routine.

One product that works for me is the Nutra Nail 5 - 7 day Nail Growth treatment.  Even when my nails are at the desired length, I still like to use it from time to time to maintain strength since I do my nails often.  

knuevekm

(0) Hearts

I have also found that Nutra Nail 5-7 day nail growth treatment works. My nails are thin and get rips on the sides very easily. The only time I have long nails is when I am using this product. And its relatively cheap! :smileyhappy:

Recently I have been pairing it with formula X strengthening treatment and the combination has made my nails stronger then ever!

lylysa

That's what it is!!! I know you've posted stuff on this kind of topic before but I couldn't remember the name! I kept thinking to myself "I hope Kimmi checks into this thread!" :smileytongue:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Lol!  I've gone through a few bottles of it, and I always repurchase it.  It's a must in my nail maintaince pencil tray!

DTalksAll

I like the Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat. The pink sheen looks like I'm wearing a natrual french, but it also strengthens. I do at home gels, so in between colors I wear the strengthener for 2-3 days. It really helps prevent spliting, chipping... I can keep my nails longer now YAY! http://www.sephora.com/pink-gel-coat-P269618?skuId=1290063

lylysa

I have the toughest time keeping my nails long and not breaking/chipping easily and the best thing I've found so far is Butter London's Horse Power treatment.

I wear it as a base coat, but the directions state to apply it every day for a week then remove it and repeat the process. It's a very gentle formula and not thick to apply/reapple if need be. I do notice that it does help my nails out quite a bit in terms of them not being as weak (if my nails are bare...watch out, they're much better when polished).

knuevekm

(0) Hearts

I might have to give that horse power treatment a try. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • kimmi1115