kimmi1115

Lemon Lime Nails

After applying my acrylics, I decided it was time for some nail art!  I was going to do Margarita nails, but my lime fimo pieces would blend too well in with the polish.  So I went with a Lemon Lime theme.  

Each time I do acrylics, I learn at least one new thing.  This time, I really noticed how runny the ASP Aspire products are.  I read that another person on Instagram was having a similar issue.  No matter how lightly I dipped my brush into the liquid, the final product, after picking up my first bead, would be runny on my nail.  I'm  not sure if that is part of the ASP formula or what.  Also, the fimo pieces would work a lot better if encased in acrylic by using color acrylic powder and clear, but I'm not up to that step yet lol.

frame nails.JPG

After the acrylic process, I used the following products:

Beauty Secrets Base Coat

China Glaze Entourage (yay for eBay!)

StripeRite in Silver Glitter (this was going to be my margarita salt lol)

Orly Quick Drying Top Coat

Nail Glue and Lemon Fimo Pieces

Cina Top Coat and Bonder

Now, let's see how long the lemon pieces last lol.

kimmi1115

Re: Lemon Lime Nails

Thanks!  As the song goes, it's 5 o'clock somewhere! lol

DTalksAll

I have been searching for a wooden clock with that quote for years! I need a nice, fun clock in our kitchen (we already have 3 digital clocks in there, want something fun for the wall) All the ones I've found are so cheesy. I know some bars can get them as promos from distributors, sadly my friend who owns 2 hasn't come across one yet :smileysad: 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Have you tried looking on one of the Margaritaville websites?  Each restaurant location has its own unique site, and my mom noticed each site tends to have different items.  She loves beach theme stuff, so the kitchen has a Margaritaville theme to it lol.  I'm not sure if she found it on a Margaritaville site, eBay, or Amazon, but she has a clock that has a 5 for the 12, 3, 6, and 9 spots, and I believe it has the quote along with a parrot.  I'll have to get a picture of it.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I think that's the one I'm looking for! It's on wood right? All the other's I've seen are cheap looking. Like sellers made them in their garage for a quick buck. I'm going to search on the restaurant sites, that's an idea I didn't think of yet. Thanks for the tip :smileywink: 

DTalksAll

I'm not a huge tequila fan, but I am craving a margarita right now! They look amazing! I love the silver stripe as that salt. So cute, so creative. Good job Kimmi! 

berniebeauty

That looks really amazing! Do you buy canes and then cut them yourself or do you buy the fimo pieces pre-cut?

~We are all beautiful~

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

The ones I've bought so far are already pre-cut and stored in wheels.  The only place I've seen the pre-cut pieces (in store) is at Sally's.

thatwelshgirl

Those look amazing! I wish I was that talented.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  It's a fun and relaxing hobby if you ever want to give it a try!  :smileyhappy:

jeku

wow, thats great

starletta8

Very cute!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you, starletta8!! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Yaaaaaay! I was wondering when are you going to do the fruity nails. fun fun fun. Now I want to go grab a nice cold sweet drink. =]

kimmi1115

I really want to use them with color acrylic.  I saw a YouTube video of a person creating a manicure with them, and it has been stuck in my head ever since!

Now, let's go to Chili's for a drink!  :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

Chili's! Oh man, haven't been there since forEVER. Gosh, I gotta go back to TX some times and just stuff myself with some good old TexMex.

katie1724

WOW -- those are adorable! I want them!

By the way, Kimmi, I totally thought of you -- I follow someone called nycfiona (Fiona Byrne) on Instagram and you should check out some of her pictures if you ever think of it. They aren't always nail-related, but when they are, they're ridiculously good / cute (I think @ misspopnails does her manis). She posted an In-n-Out (the fast food chain) themed one recently, some happy faces, etc. You're way more talented than I am and you could pull off these complicated things!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I will have to look them up on Instagram.

lylysa

Fun fun!!! I love the lime wedges, your nails make me think of garnished drink glasses!

kimmi1115

Now I want lemonade and a margarita or something lol.

lylysa

You should totally do drink glasses on your nails next time with the tips being the top/rim of the glass and you can draw out the body and then the stem to the base of your nail!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • berniebeauty