roxystar4

Keep That Polish Shiny & No Chips Please

I have been using the Sephora- OPI brand nail polish and really like it but it does chip within a day or two.  

I'm looking for a top coat that dries quickly and keeps polish from chipping for at least a few days.

Anyone have a good top coat recommendation that keeps polish looking great?

I've heard good things about Silky Wet Look Topper. 

Titian06

Re: Keep That Polish Shiny & No Chips Please

@roxystar4 - I was going to suggest that you try gloves to help extend your nail polish wear, but since you already do...  Yea, I understand about the gardening gloves!

Titian06

@roxystar4 - Do you wear gloves when you garden and wash dishes?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

when I wash dishes, about 90% of the time.  When I garden I always start off wearing them but they end up on the ground (I've bought a few different pairs and they are too big & dexterity is lost out the window)

keelybt

I second the Nail Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat recommendation!  As Colorobsession said, it dries super quick and I usually get a good week's wear out of my polish.

swfupload_1764113319292380906.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/kensington-caviar-top-coat-P292005?skuId=1354778

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i just bought this today at Sephora in store. Excited to try it out :smileyhappy:

mityren

(0) Hearts

Totally agree!  

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

just added this to my shopping list. thanks!

kimmi1115

I use different topcoats depending on the nail art and whatnot.  Lately, I've been using the quick drying top coat by Orly (can be found at Sally's or Ulta), and I have been very impressed with it!  It dries quickly, and I didn't experience chipping that I noticed.  However, I had acrylic underneath my polish so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Here are some other top coats that I that are quick drying:

Seche Vite -from Ulta or Sally's.  Experience can vary with it.  Some people notice their polish shrinks.

Out The Door -from Sally's.  Very similar to Seche Vite, but I didn't notice any polish shrinkage.  However, after about halfway through the bottle of both brands, the topcoat can get thick and globby.

NYC Matte Me Crazy -If you want a matte look.  This is one tough top coat!

colorobsession

I use nails inc.'s Kensington Caviar top coat and base coat. I usually can go a few days chip-free, but the reason I'm really drawn to this polish is that it dries CRAZY fast, and makes your nails super shiny. The top coat is touch-dry within 45 seconds or so, and then fully hardens maybe within an hour or two? It's the first polish that I can use before I go to bed (which is the only time I have a few hours to let the polish harden where I won't be likely to nick it doing something else) and I won't wake up with any smudges/ridges, etc. 

sephoramusthave

I have yet to find a nailpolish or topcoat that keeps my nails chip free for at least 3 days. I use my hands a lot, and I wash them a lot, and I take a bath every night but its just not in the cards for me. I would have to sit and do nothing and touch nothing in order for my polish to not chip. However, I've never tried a higher end polish (too much moolah).

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I hear ya, I garden a lot, and am constantly washing dishes & cleaning dirty diapers. Maybe I am doomed to the chipped life :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • roxystar4
    • mityren
    • colorobsession