diamondz407

I need a nail strengther

My nails are horribly weak....I got tips wnd got them done a few times! I have marks on my nails and now they break on any little thing i do!!

dollface131313

Re: I need a nail strengther

(0) Hearts

i use nail tek hardener and i can't rave enough about it . i have long nails an when they get to a certain length they like to break but this makes them hard and strong 

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

In the drugstore, Nailtiques it's a nail protein. They have different types based on needs. After about a week of laying, once a day, more on top of the previous layer my nails are in better shape.

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I actually use a drugstore strengthener. I'm malnourished a lot because of tummy issues where I can't eat very much, and my nails really, really suffer. So I use the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure Strengthener (blue bottle/gold top) and it's seriously made a dramatic improvement in the last two months. I started seeing results after about a week. It's only about $10 at Walgreens/CVS.

janedoe13

(0) Hearts

Try the opi nail envy. I use that after I get my gels nails taken off to strengthen because they are usually in a pretty bad state.

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

I cut up little pieces of garlic and add it to a clear polish, and let it sit for couple hours or couple days. Then I polish my nails with it around 2-3 times a day. It helped them grow and kept them from feeling so weak. Mine usually would break until i started the garlic treatment haha,

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

My nails are genetically very weak. What has helped them is taking a multivitamin and fish oil supplements.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

My doc recommended Biotin in addition to my multivitamin.  The fish oil ones are unpleasant.  If you burp 2 hrs later, you get fish taste.  Ick.  Maybe I need to try another brand.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

They now have burpless fish oil. I know Nature Made has one.

Britlee303

You should definitely try another brand. I have taken fish oil pills for years and I have never had that happen to me!

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Britlee.  Which brands have you used?  I think mine were drugstore generic.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • diamondz407
    • dollface131313
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • Britlee303
    • LindenAnn
    • janedoe13