I'm Running Out of Acrylic Topic Titles Lol.

kimmi1115

I'm Running Out of Acrylic Topic Titles Lol.

Over the weekend, I practiced more with acrylic on my nails and my mom's nails.  It's such fun!  My mom is also an excellent volunteer.  She comes to me and asks when I'm going to do her nails lol.  

Here are a couple of pictures of mom's nails.  She wanted French white tips with an ocean blue stripe.

mom.jpg

mom 2.jpg

I think this nail came out the best of the bunch.

I went with natural shade tips, but I need to work on getting them look the same length.

frame 1.JPGBoth hands.

left hand.JPG Left hand.  I'm slowly trying to make it the acrylic thicker, but they hold up well while playing with Brutus and Meat Head lol.

right hand.JPGRight hand, and I am a right handed person.

polish.jpg

I decided to apply some polish.  Sally Girl in Pink It Up and Atomic Polish in Bowie in Space.

kimmi1115

Re: I'm Running Out of Acrylic Topic Titles Lol.

Thank you!

starletta8

Wow, you've learned so quickly!  I really enjoy watching the progression of your adventures in acrylics!

kimmi1115

Thank you!  I've been worried that I may be annoying people with my nails posts lol.

DTalksAll

You're getting better & better at this! I love the blue stripe on your mom's nails. I had acrylic's in HS & then tried doing my own in college to save money... it was a distaster. I should have known better since I suck at paining my nails. Then I switched to pink & white gels since they are better for your nails, but that got really expensive. Now I have an LED light at home and do my own gel polish. I still miss the pink & whites, but I rather spend that money at Sephora :smileyhappy: 

kimmi1115

Thanks, dannyc!!  I can't recall the exact shade name, but the blue is one of the StripeRite polishes from Sally's.  I really like the brush on them, especially for nail art "flicks."  

I think I'm one of the few people on the planet who has not tried gel polish lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

They are really coming along nicely. Your doing a great job Kimmi! Keep it up!! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Thank you!!  I've thought about getting one of the practice hands or fingers from Sally's so I can work on practicing more.  My mom was a step ahead and read the reviews on them, and some people said they aren't really worth it.  I don't know if that was from the perspective or a cosmetology student or what.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • berniebeauty