kimmi1115

I'm Running Out of Acrylic Topic Titles Lol.

Over the weekend, I practiced more with acrylic on my nails and my mom's nails.  It's such fun!  My mom is also an excellent volunteer.  She comes to me and asks when I'm going to do her nails lol.  

Here are a couple of pictures of mom's nails.  She wanted French white tips with an ocean blue stripe.

mom.jpg

mom 2.jpg

I think this nail came out the best of the bunch.

I went with natural shade tips, but I need to work on getting them look the same length.

frame 1.JPGBoth hands.

left hand.JPG Left hand.  I'm slowly trying to make it the acrylic thicker, but they hold up well while playing with Brutus and Meat Head lol.

right hand.JPGRight hand, and I am a right handed person.

polish.jpg

I decided to apply some polish.  Sally Girl in Pink It Up and Atomic Polish in Bowie in Space.

pinklissamel

Re: I'm Running Out of Acrylic Topic Titles Lol.

Love the natural look looks great !!!!!!! Keep it up, can you come and do mine?? mine always look horrible when i do them. :smileyhappy:!!!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  If I could, I would teleport there because it would be more practice for me lol.

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

s1488568-main-hero.jpg

I'm not much of a person who does anything with their nails, but I was browsing the what's new at sephora page and I found this! Ciate Chalkboard Manicure. I thought it would be a really fun idea for fourth of july/summer! 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

That looks really cool!  I haven't browsed the What's New page.  Thanks for pointing that out!  Nail polish companies are coming out with all kinds of things for this coming summer.

keelybt

I ordered the Chalkboard Manicure and should get it tonight.  Soooooo excited! If it turns out ok I'll post a pic :smileyhappy:

starletta8

How did it turn out?

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I'm wondering the same thing lol

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I saw some girls playing with it in-store tonight and was sorely tempted to play, but I was trying not to linger.

berniebeauty

I really love the red with stars :smileyhappy: It would be a good look for prom or the fourth of July :smileyhappy:

~We are all beautiful~

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I love the Fourth of July idea!

lylysa

I love watching your improvement and progress, Kimmi!

Keep it coming!!! :smileyvery-happy:

mityren

[ Edited ]

Great job! Love the blue strip. I cant do acrylic to save my life. I just make a huge mess! 

makeupobesessed

You should post a design after you do it again and have BT decide on a name for it. like a voting name contest .  

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

That's a cool idea!

beautylovingirl

I love looking at them too she's so good at it!

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Oh no don't do it!! They kinda really suck. I has many Nail Tech friends in school and they all had practice hands but used their own hands all the time. Those practice hands are horrible. They don't bend and don't have an actual nail so you don't really get the real hand experience, they are completely different

kimmi1115

Thank you so much for the head ups!  I'll put the money that I would have used to buy a hand and put it towards other acrylic supplies or nail polish.  You just helped my wallet! lol.

sephoramusthave

Kimmi----I LOVE looking at your nail pix! I think I'm getting more into nailpolish because of you, I've been doing my nails at least 2-3 times a week lately. I keep mine pretty short so they don't look as nice as yours do. I actually quite like the milani nailpolishes and topcoat! They don't cost an arm and a leg and work really well. They dry pretty quickly and I love their range of bright and pastel colors :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

Sephoramusthave, thank you!  It sounds like your nail polish collection is beginning!! lol.  I haven't tried the Milani polishes, but I've seen pictures of them on Instagram and they're beautiful!  Especially the glitters!

EmilyDoer

Too cute!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115