lylysa

Heart Party Nail Inspiration Look!

Good morning, Beauty Talk!

With so many heart parties that have gone on these past couple of weeks for some wonderful ladies on here and for the ones that have been thrown for myself (which I am very thankful for), I was inspired for a little nail look to tie in Beauty Talk and all the love and support this community has for one another.

I know it looks like a Valentine's Day nail look, but hey, hearts are hearts, and on BT, hearts are year round!

btnls.jpg

I got back into the realm of gel nails, so I did a french mani with glitter from Red Carpet Manicure, then wanted extra bright pops of color for the hearts so I used acrylic paints and clear coated them on top when dry. 

This nail look is for all you lovely Beauty Talkers! Love, hearts, appreciation for you all! 

kimmi1115

Re: Heart Party Nail Inspiration Look!

Your nails are super cute!!!!  I love how you used a classy take with the hearts, and you can't beat a french mani!  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Thankers, Kimmi! Yup, can't go wrong with a french mani! 

ContentlyKayKay

So pretty!! I love that the hearts have an outline as well! SUPER cute!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Contentlykaykay! I considered doing hearts all over my nail bed but then feared they would look too crowded, I figured hearts within hearts would be much neater!

prettyinpa

Gee, Lylysa, those hearts are way cool! Did you use acrylic paint like from the art store or is it a kind of polish? I might like to do something in the way of nail art and I really make a mess with polish. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I used acrylic paint from the craft store, dries so fast and I have a bunch of colors. I've worked with regular polish before, but not all of my pinks are opaque so I didn't want to risk building up coats for such tiny details...then I would have these crazy blobs! :smileytongue:

beautylovingirl

Aww Lylysa that's so cute. It's looks great and thanks for the postive post!:smileyhappy:

lylysa

Thanks, Beautylovingirl! You gals are definitely an inspiration for this look, with all the heart parties and just support everyone gives, it's like a heart-explosion fest!!!

ChicDabbler

Aaahhh lovin' this! You are so good with your hand, they look like stickers! I tried drawing hearts on my nails but they just end up looking like....I dun wanna talk about it....

Now I seriously want to get some white nail polish to play with...

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Believe it or not, bobby pins are great to work with or even tiny paint brush sets from the arts and craft store!

The rounded ends of bobby pins are great for dots and drawing on rounded areas because they're not sharp/pointed like a toothpick so it won't dig into the nail or polish under it.

Titian06

Your nails look great, lylysa!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Titian06! I miss having longer nails, but I know having the gel mani will at least prevent them from breaking as easily. My nails do horrible when they don't have any polish on them! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

awwww that is freaking adorable!  and such a lovely sentiment! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

oh speaking of hearts my Too Faced Sweethearts blush arrived yesterday!  yaaaaaaay!  of course I totally thought of you while ripping it out of the box and swatching it! :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

TF BLUSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 

:smileyvery-happy:

Totally let me know what you think of it after trying it on!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl