serioustree

Has anyone used oil on their nails?

A friend has a few sample packets of Josie Maran Argan Oil and is going to give them to me.  Because I know it dries my face out, I probablon wont use it in that area, has anyone used it for their fingers or cuticles?

janinebt

Re: Has anyone used oil on their nails?

(0) Hearts

Yes! Out of all the uses for Argan Oil I like to use it on my cuticles best :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mxcx

It's fantastic for cuticles! Especially right after pushing back and cutting/removing cuticles; I find that it hydrates them beautifully and helps them not be so red/irritated. Plus it helps nourish your nails as well. (: Win-win!

melissabt

Hi Serioustree,

Yes definitely! I like to use it on my hands, elbows and knees. It works really well and dries quickly.

<3 Melissa
prettyinpa

I have used Argan oil on my nails and while it did a good job, it's way more expensive than cold pressed olive oil or apricot oil (which comes from a health food/whole food store). But as long as you're getting it for free, I'd say go ahead, it won't hurt. 

dianabt

You can definitely use the Argan Oil on your hands and cuticles- Like DannyC, my face gets a bit blotchy and doesn't react well to Argan Oil for some reason (so sad!) but it's been fantastic on my cuticles, dry hands or elbows!

Argan Oil

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
serioustree

Whoa! Mind blowing! Haven't thought of it on my elbows! I guess I'll try it on my knees feet too since they get dry during the summer. Thanks!

DTalksAll

I do after I apply it to damp hair (as a detangler) I rub it into my cuticles. No issues on hands or hair... it's my face that hates argan oil... it leaves a blotchy red mess. 

serioustree

(0) Hearts

Yikesss! Nice to know I'm not the only one! It makes me dry and flake! Ahhhhh

ChicDabbler

I do! Altho it doesn't dry my face out, so I'm not sure if it will be different on your finger or mine. I don't wear gloves when I do chores, so after washing dishes/scrubbing the bathroom/washing my hand 10 times etc, it gets really dry and I rub the oil on my nail/cuticles and let it sit for a while. It helps hydrate for me. =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler